Unbelievable Nagano Glamping: Matsumoto's enCamp Awaits!

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

Unbelievable Nagano Glamping: Matsumoto's enCamp Awaits!

Unbelievable Nagano Glamping: Matsumoto's enCamp Awaits! - My Honest, Messy, and Totally Biased Review (with SEO Clues!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I've just escaped the real world and found myself nestled amongst the mountains at Unbelievable Nagano Glamping: Matsumoto's enCamp Awaits! And let me tell you, "unbelievable" is almost an understatement. Forget those sterile hotel reviews, this is the real deal. My feet are still tingling from the footbath, my stomach is full of deliciousness, and my head's swimming with the sheer beauty of it all. Let's get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we? (And yes, I'm going to sprinkle the SEO fairy dust all over this thing.)

Accessibility & Getting There (aka, Can a Clumsy Person Survive?)

Okay, let's be real. Accessibility is HUGE. Finding a place that's both gorgeous and caters to various needs is a win. enCamp shines here. They offer Facilities for disabled guests, which is a massive plus. While I couldn't test every single feature myself (I'm mostly ambulatory, thank goodness!), the presence of an Elevator, the generally Cleanliness and Safety ethos, and the responsiveness of the staff leads me to believe they're genuinely trying to make it accessible. I noticed CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside the property which will offer added security for guests. They also made it easy to find the place after arriving (Taxi service, Airport transfer) and getting around the surrounding area (Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], and even Bicycle parking!). They think of everything!

Food, Glorious Food (and Did I Mention the Drinks?)

This is where enCamp truly shines. Prepare to loosen your belt, because the Dining, drinking, and snacking options are simply insane.

  • Restaurants: Multiple! You can choose from various Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. It's a food lover's paradise!
  • Breakfast: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Breakfast in room. My mornings were a dream. The Asian breakfast was a delightful explosion of flavors, and the croissants were flaky perfection. Seriously, the Buffet in restaurant had me going back for seconds. Okay, maybe thirds.
  • Bar & Happy Hour: Ah, the bar. The Poolside bar deserves special mention – sipping a cocktail while gazing at the mountains? Pure bliss. Plus, they have Happy hour, which is always a good time to relax. The Bottle of water was offered to me frequently, so I was never dehydrated.
  • Room Service: You know a place is legit when they offer Room service [24-hour]. Late-night cravings? Sorted.
  • Other treats: You can find Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, and Soup in restaurant. I can't stress this enough: Pack stretchy pants.

A Personal Food Story (AKA My Near-Death Experience with a Croissant)

Okay, full confession: I nearly choked on a croissant at breakfast. Not because it was bad (it was divine), but because the view was so breathtaking, I momentarily forgot how to eat. I was so busy admiring the snow-capped peaks that I shoved the whole thing in my mouth in one go! Lesson learned: savor the moment and the flaky pastry. The sheer beauty combined with the delicious food… it's a potent combination.

Ways to Relax (Because We All Need a Little "Me" Time)

This is what glamping is all about, right? Escape. Unwind. Recharge. enCamp nails it:

  • Spa/Sauna: Yes, yes, and YES! Prepare to melt. The Sauna was the perfect antidote to a chilly evening, and the Spa treatments (hello, Body scrub and Massage!) were heavenly. I was this close to booking a return trip just for the Body wrap!
  • Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor]: The Swimming pool is a work of art, with gorgeous views. Perfect for soaking up the sun (or just pretending you're a mermaid).
  • Foot bath: After a day of hiking, the Foot bath was pure, unadulterated bliss.
  • Gym/fitness: For the fitness fanatics among us, a Fitness center is available.
  • Steamroom: Perfect for detoxing and relaxation.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know… Reality)

In the current world, this is paramount. And enCamp gets it. They offer:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products
  • Daily disinfection in common areas
  • First aid kit
  • Hand sanitizer available everywhere.
  • Hygiene certification
  • Individually-wrapped food options
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services
  • Room sanitization opt-out available
  • Rooms sanitized between stays
  • Safe dining setup
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
  • Staff trained in safety protocol
  • Sterilizing equipment
  • The team also take extra safety precautions with doctor/nurse on call.
  • Smoke alarms
  • Fire extinguisher

In short: they're taking this seriously, and it shows.

Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter)

enCamp goes above and beyond:

  • Air conditioning in public area
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events
  • Business facilities
  • Cash withdrawal
  • Concierge
  • Contactless check-in/out (Yes! Saves time and the awkward small talk.)
  • Convenience store (Snack emergency? Sorted.)
  • Currency exchange
  • Daily housekeeping (My room was sparkling every time I returned.)
  • Doorman
  • Dry cleaning
  • Elevator
  • Essential condiments
  • Food delivery
  • Gift/souvenir shop (Yes, I bought a t-shirt.)
  • Indoor venue for special events
  • Invoice provided
  • Ironing service
  • Laundry service
  • Luggage storage
  • Meeting/banquet facilities
  • Meetings
  • Meeting stationery
  • On-site event hosting
  • Outdoor venue for special events
  • Projector/LED display
  • Safety deposit boxes
  • Seminars
  • Shrine
  • Smoking area (For those who indulge.)
  • Terrace
  • Wi-Fi for special events
  • Xerox/fax in business center

For the Kids (If You're Traveling with the Little Ones)

Family/child friendly options are available. They offer a Babysitting service and Kids meal to help with your child's needs. They have Kids facilities available.

The Rooms (My Cozy Little Mountain Nest)

The rooms are fantastic. Seriously. They offer:

  • Additional toilet
  • Air conditioning
  • Alarm clock
  • Bathrobes (Luxury!)
  • Bathroom phone
  • Bathtub
  • Blackout curtains (Necessary for those glorious mountain mornings.)
  • Carpeting
  • Closet
  • Coffee/tea maker
  • Complimentary tea
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Desk
  • Extra long bed
  • Free bottled water
  • Hair dryer
  • High floor (If you get a room with one – the views are breathtaking!)
  • In-room safe box
  • Interconnecting room(s) available
  • Internet access – LAN
  • Internet access – wireless
  • Ironing facilities
  • Laptop workspace
  • Linens
  • Mini bar
  • Mirror
  • Non-smoking
  • On-demand movies
  • Private bathroom
  • Reading light
  • Refrigerator
  • Safety/security feature
  • Satellite/cable channels (Though, honestly, why would you watch TV here?)
  • Scale
  • Seating area
  • Separate shower/bathtub
  • Shower
  • Slippers
  • Smoke detector
  • Socket near the bed
  • Sofa
  • Soundproofing
  • **Telephone
Ho Chi Minh City's BEST Luxury Getaway: Bluesky MarQ Awaits!

Book Now

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're not just going glamping in Nagano, Japan, we're diving HEADFIRST into a glorious, messy, potentially disaster-prone adventure at enCamp Matsumoto. This isn't some sterile brochure, this is the raw, unfiltered truth…with a few extra exclamation points!

Nagano Glamping: Operation "Cozy & Chaos"

Day 1: Arrival, Tent Tantrums & Ramen Redemption

  • 14:00 - Arrival & OMG, Look at This Place! Okay, so picture this: I had visions of breezy mountain vistas, Instagram-worthy glamping pods, the works. And enCamp Matsumoto mostly delivers. The air is crisp, the pines are swaying, and the glamping tents? Pretty dang sweet actually. Though, for a hot second, I couldn't find the reception, which led to me wandering in circles muttering "Where. Is. The. Damn. Desk?!" (Jet lag is a cruel mistress.) *** Impression The place is gorgeous. I mean, seriously, like postcard perfect. But I'm also getting the distinct feeling I'm going to lose something important - like my phone, or my mind. ***
  • 15:00 - Tent Tech-Fail & the Quest for Snacks: Setting up the tent. Initially, I thought, "Easy peasy lemon squeezy." HA! Turns out, my "expert" tent-pitching skills (honed on, like, one childhood camping trip) are questionable. This tent is, I suspect, designed by a sadist. After much swearing in a variety of languages (mostly English, with a healthy dose of frustration thrown in) I finally wrestled with the thing. The reward? A slightly crooked, but functional home-for-the-weekend. Oh, and the realization I'd forgotten the snacks. Cue the ravenous gnawing in my stomach. Time to hunt down the camp store - and maybe a stiff drink. *** Impression I feel like I've just battled a dragon. A dragon made of canvas and stubborn poles. ***
  • 16:00 - Ramen Rescue: Disaster averted! I was about to succumb to a hunger-induced meltdown, but then I remembered the local ramen shop! I swear, the noodles here are a gift from the gods. That first slurp? Pure, unadulterated bliss. Hot broth, perfectly cooked noodles, tender meat… it was a religious experience. Seriously, I almost cried. I'm a convert. Ramen forever! *** Impression Ramen saved me. Ramen is me. ***
  • 18:00 - Campfire Conundrums & Stargazing Spectacle: Now, the campfire… that’s where things get… interesting. Building a fire is apparently more complicated than rocket science! After fumbling around, I finally get a pathetic little flame going. It's less "roaring blaze" and more "smoky sigh." But, hey, it's a fire! And the stars… oh, the stars! Away from the city lights, they're just… endless. Like looking into the universe's sparkly, glittery eyeballs. It was breathtaking. Until the mosquitoes attacked. Seriously, they were relentless. Bug spray became my new best friend. *** Impression I should have brought more bug spray. And maybe a fire-building tutorial. ***
  • 20:00 - S'more Shenanigans (or, the Sticky Situation): Okay, so, s'mores. Simple, right? Marshmallow, chocolate, graham cracker… what could go wrong? Plenty, apparently. I managed to light my marshmallow on fire. Like, actual flames. I ended up eating a charred, slightly-burnt s'more. It was a culinary tragedy. But, hey, it made me laugh. *** Impression I'm not sure I'm cut out for this glamping life. ***

Day 2: Nature's Embrace (and My Own Personal Breakdown)

  • 07:00 - Sunrise Serenity… Followed by Coffee Catastrophe: Woke up to the most beautiful sunrise I've ever seen. The mountains were bathed in golden light. It was pure magic. Then I tried to make coffee. Disaster. The stove, the grounds, the whole scene was a mess. I ended up with something that resembled muddy water. Sigh. I decided to hike the trails. *** Impression I need coffee. And maybe a therapist. ***
  • 08:00-09:00 - The Hiking Trail: Okay, so I'm not exactly Bear Grylls. But the trail here is beautiful. I decided to push myself. The view from the top? Worth the sweat and the near-collapse I endured. The air was clean, the trees were green, and the world felt… good. But I must admit, I got lost for like, 30 minutes. But then the sun came out, birds were singing! So, I did a little solo dance. *** Impression Hiking is hard. Also, I'm apparently a terrible navigator. ***
  • 10:00 - A Chance Encounter: Met a local, sweet old woman who was very friendly. I don't speak Japanese, and she didn't speak English, but we found common ground. We sat for a while and shared some snack that she offered. It was quiet. It was peaceful. *** Impression These people are kind! ***
  • 12:00 - Lunch & Laundry (Sort Of): The camp has a great cafe. I ordered some delicious Japanese Curry. After my adventure on the trails, it hit the spot. As a bonus, the glamping spot has laundry! I have been wearing the same clothes for two days. After my first attempt, my clothes shrunk two sizes. I ended up leaving them there. *** Impression I should have looked up laundry instructions. ***
  • 14:00 - The Onsen Ordeal: Hot Springs & Humble Pie: Okay, so I've never been to an onsen before. This was an adventure! Stepping into the hot spring? Pure bliss. Absolutely divine. However, there's that whole "naked with (mostly) strangers" situation. It was a little awkward, but also… freeing. I spent far too long trying to decide if I should "float" or "sit". Finally, I just let it all go, literally and figuratively. *** Impression Naked is the new normal. This is the best. ***
  • 18:00 - Farewell Feast & Campfire Encore: Tonight, it's BBQ! I may have over-bought. Again. But the food was good! The campfire, thankfully, was better this time. I learned from my mistakes. Maybe there's hope for me yet. *** Impression Food and a campfire? I can do this. ***

Day 3: Departure & the Bitter Sweet Goodbye

  • 08:00 - The Sad Sunrise & The Final Mess: Woke to another gorgeous sunrise. But today is departure day. I packed up my stuff. The only thing left to do was… clean! While cleaning, I found an object that I forgot I had - an old toy from when I was little. This reminded me of a simpler time. *** Impression So many feelings! ***
  • 10:00 - The Drive: The drive home was beautiful! I started planning my next trip before half-way home. *** Impression Already planning the next adventure! ***

Overall Impression:

This trip had moments of true beauty. But there were also moments of pure, unadulterated chaos. Sometimes things didn't go as planned. But that's what made it amazing. From the food to the people, this was an adventure. I can't wait to come back.


Impression I love glamping! I may or may not have left some things behind… but that's a story for another time.


Unbelievable Kampung Sepetang Luxury: Crosview Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

Unbelievable Nagano Glamping: Matsumoto's enCamp (and My Chaotic Love for It!)

Okay, let's be real. Glamping *sounds* perfect. Picturesque tents, crisp mountain air, gourmet food… but the reality? Well, that's usually a messier, more entertaining, and utterly unforgettable adventure. This is about enCamp in Matsumoto, and my (sometimes frantic) journey through it.

So, what *is* this enCamp place anyway? Is it just a fancy tent in a field? (Because I’ve seen some “glamping” that's just… glorified camping.)

Alright, deep breaths. enCamp is *more*. Think… like, a really well-curated Instagram feed come to life. They've got these gorgeous canvas tents, not the cheap nylon ones you wrestled with as a kid. And the location? Spectacular. Nestled near Matsumoto (think stunning castle town, not just a random field), with views of the Japanese Alps. It’s the kind of place where you instantly feel like you *should* be doing yoga, even if you're secretly planning to devour all the s'mores. They actually make you feel *like* you're glamping, not just pretending.

Okay, sounds nice… but what's the actual experience *like*? Is it all perfectly curated Instagram posts, or is there some real soul to it?

Okay, buckle up. The *vibe* is definitely aspirational. Like, you arrive and everything’s picture-perfect. Then you realize you have NO IDEA how to light the little campfire in front of your tent. (This happened to me. I blame the humidity. And my lack of Boy Scout experience.) But it's the messiness, the little hiccups, that make it real. Like, the first time I went, a raccoon decided my meticulously arranged snacks looked particularly delicious. I spent a good fifteen minutes yelling at it, which probably ruined someone else's zen moment. *That's* the soul, right there.

Seriously, though, the staff are super helpful. They’ll actually show you how to, you know, *not* set the field on fire while attempting to roast a marshmallow. They're also good about helping you figure out the tricky bits, or generally just making you not feel like a total idiot. Which is… invaluable.

Let’s talk food. Is it all tiny portions and 'foraging' stuff? I get hangry.

Okay, food is KEY. Luckily, enCamp mostly delivers. They offer these elaborate BBQ sets, and I'm not talking hot dogs. Think wagyu beef, fresh vegetables from local farms, all the fixings. And the presentation? Chef's kiss! (Even if *my* grill skills leave something to be desired.) The portions are… generous. You *will* not go hungry. There's also a breakfast basket in the morning, which, let's be honest, is the perfect way to start a day of pretending to be outdoorsy. It usually has delicious pastries and fresh juice. The only downside? They don't give you your own chef to wash your dishes, *sigh*.

What about the tents themselves? Are they comfy? I need to sleep on something that isn't a lumpy air mattress.

YES. Thank goodness. The tents are legit glamping. The beds are actual beds! With proper mattresses and fluffy pillows. Seriously, they’re more comfortable than my bed at home. (Don’t tell my bed I said that.) The temperature is usually well-regulated, although it *can* get chilly at night, but they provide blankets and that sort of thing. I would rate the sleep factor a solid 9.5/10. The only reason it isn't a perfect ten? The *occasional* critter sound. But it's nature, people! Embrace it!

Is it kid-friendly? I have small people who are basically miniature tornadoes.

This is a tricky one. enCamp *is* family-friendly, yes. But it's not like a theme park. There's space for kids to run around, but it’s also… an opportunity for *you* to relax, too. If your kids are the kind that can’t sit still beyond a few minutes, it might be a challenge. (Especially when they get bored with the fire pit!) But there's plenty of room for imagination. The surrounding area is beautiful, and perfect for exploring. Just maybe keep an eye on the little tornadoes near the open flames… and possibly away from my s'mores!

What's the best time to visit? Nagano weather can be… unpredictable.

I've found the sweet spot is spring or fall. Summer can be hot and humid, and winter… well, it's Nagano. Snow is beautiful, but glamping in a blizzard might be *slightly* less relaxing. Imagine it: you're trying desperately to get the campfire going, even as the snow stings your eyes. I picture myself in my puffy coat, teeth chattering from the cold, trying to cook something that isn't actually frozen solid. (I’ve actually pictured this scene! Perhaps I should have gone in the summer.) Spring is when the cherry blossoms are out, and autumn brings those gorgeous fall colors. Think postcard-worthy scenery. Just check the forecast, because nature does what it wants.

Okay, I'm intrigued. But what’s the *worst* part? Gotta keep it real, right?

Ugh, the *worst* part? Packing and unpacking. Seriously! You think you're going to be all zen and minimalist, but you end up lugging a suitcase the size of a small car. And of course, you will forget something. I forgot my bug spray, which led to an epic battle with... well, let's just say *a lot* of mosquitos. I emerged from the tent looking like I’d been through a war. Also, the inevitable feeling of sadness when you have to leave and go back to real life. Because, seriously, who wouldn't want to stay there *forever*?

What are the bathrooms like? Cleanliness is key!

This is crucial. The bathrooms are surprisingly good. They’re not the rustic pit toilets you might imagine. You'll be relieved: they're clean, modern, and well-maintained. Think proper flushing toilets, hot showers, and even hairdryers. The showers are in individual cubicles with everything you need! Okay, I'll say it: they're comfortable. I once had a terrible glamping experience where the showers were ice cold. It wasn't the zen experience I had in mind, but enCamp? They actually make an effort. I remember the time I actually *enjoyed* the shower after hiking all dayUrban Hotel Search

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan

NAGANO GLAMPINGBASE enCamp Matsumoto Japan