Uncover Quito's Hidden Gem: Casa d'Campo Tababela's Boutique Luxury
Uncover Quito's Hidden Gem: Casa d'Campo Tababela's Boutique Luxury - A Review That Doesn't Lie (and Might Rambles a Bit)
Alright, alright, settle in folks. Forget those sterile, robotic hotel reviews you're used to. This is about to get REAL. We're diving deep into Casa d'Campo Tababela, the "hidden gem" they call it. And trust me, I went in skeptical. "Boutique luxury" often translates to "overpriced and pretentious." But here's the deal: this place genuinely surprised me. It's not perfect (because, hello, life), but it's got something special. So grab a coffee (or a strong Ecuadorian aguardiente, no judgment!), and let's unravel this stay.
First Impressions (and a Slight Panic):
Getting there? Honestly, getting anywhere from Quito airport can be a little… interesting. So, I opted for the airport transfer. Bless them, they were waiting. Smooth wheels, no drama. Score one for Casa d'Campo. The immediate surroundings? Well, Tababela isn't exactly buzzing with nightlife. It's more… serene. Think rolling hills, a bit of countryside, and a sense of breathing room. I, a city dweller, had a slight panic: "Is this… too quiet?"
Accessibility? Absolutely, but with a Few Quirks:
For those who need it, Accessibility is a huge win. I'm thrilled to report facilities for disabled guests are available. The elevator is a godsend, especially after a long flight. They've clearly put thought into Facilities for disabled guests. However, I did notice a few small bumps in the road – a slightly tricky ramp here, a door that felt a smidge heavy. This is where I'd say it's a solid effort but maybe not fully perfect.
The Room: Mini-Bar Mayhem, but Heavenly Sleep:
Okay, let's talk Rooms. My room? (available in all room!) It was… well… damn comfortable. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Bless their cotton socks! These are absolutely crucial for battling jet lag and the relentless South American sun. Complimentary tea (and coffee, of course) was a lifesaver. The bed? Oh, that bed. It was pure, blissful sinking-in goodness. Extra long bed made me really happy.
Now, for the mini bar… a classic hotel story, really. It was stocked, fine, but my clumsy self knocked over a tiny bottle of something expensive. No drama (thankfully!). The daily housekeeping was impeccable. My room was always refreshed and spotlessly clean, which is a massive deal. Wi-Fi (free)? Rock solid throughout the stay. I did a few video calls, and I’m happy. Having Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN is really good.
Dining: From Asian Adventures to Buffets that Surprise:
Alright, let's talk Dining, drinking, and snacking. I’ll be honest, I have an odd relationship with hotels’ food. But Casa d'Campo actually impressed.
- The Asian Cuisine: I’m not kidding, I devoured the Asian dishes. Wow! The Asian cuisine in restaurant had amazing flavors.
- Breakfast Buffet: Breakfast [buffet] was the morning ritual. It was pretty good. Buffet in restaurant had a large variety of foods.
- Restaurant: Restaurants offered a wide variety of food. A la carte in restaurant service was available if you wanted to dine.
- Happy hours: Happy hour was a nice touch, making it easy to wind down.
- Drinking: Bar made good drinks! What's not to like?
- Pool Side Bar: Poolside bar was great.
Rest and Relaxation: Spa Day Dreams & Poolside Bliss
Things to do, ways to relax are crucial for a good stay. I explored all things spa!
- Spa: Spa, spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna : I went ham!
- Massage: Massage were excellent. My shoulders were in knots from the flight, and the therapists worked wonders.
- Pool: The swimming pool was a revelation. The pool with view added an extra layer of magic. It was simply stunning.
- Fitness: The Fitness center was pretty good, though I wasn’t there often enough.
Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized, and Sigh of Relief
Cleanliness and safety is a non-negotiable these days, right? Casa d'Campo nailed it. Everything felt clean and well-maintained. Anti-viral cleaning products made me feel like I was in safe hands. Daily disinfection in common areas. The staff were all trained and followed safety protocol. It was all very confidence-inspiring. Rooms sanitized between stays really showed that they cared . Hand sanitizer was everywhere. Plus points, seriously plus points. Safe dining setup gives real peace of mind. They’re not messing around.
Services & Conveniences: Little Things That Matter:
The concierge was helpful (and patient with my limited Spanish). Daily housekeeping was fantastic. The luggage storage was great since I came early. Car park [free of charge] made life simpler. I didn't use a car power charging station, but good for them to offer this feature. The gift shop was handy for last-minute souvenirs (I grabbed a few, shhh). Dry cleaning and laundry service were also available. Cash withdrawal was a breeze. They really thought of the details.
For the Kids?
While I don’t have any kids myself, I saw family/child friendly was available. Babysitting service was available.
Now, for the Hard Sell…
Listen, I’m not going to sugarcoat it: Casa d'Campo Tababela isn't the cheapest option. But if you're looking for a unique experience, a stress-free escape, with a good blend of activity, relaxation, and impeccable service, it's worth the splurge.
Here’s My Recommendation
- For the weary traveler: Book a room, and then immediately book a massage. You’ll thank me later.
- Foodies: Indulge in the Asian dishes, but don't skip the buffet. There are some hidden gems in there.
- Nature Lovers: This spot is near some amazing outdoor experiences.
Here’s How to Book (And Get a Little Extra)
- Direct Booking: Visit the Casa d'Campo Tababela website (it’s easy to find).
- For an Exclusive Offer: Mention this review and get a free cocktail at the bar on arrival! (Maybe I can work something out… wink wink)
Final Verdict:
Casa d'Campo Tababela exceeded my expectations. It’s a place where you can truly switch off, recharge, and experience Ecuadorian hospitality at its finest. It’s not perfect, but its imperfections add to its charm and ensure that it feels real. Go. Relax. Enjoy. And tell them I sent you!
Jeonju Getaway: Unforgettable Twosome Stay in Junghwasandong!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this Casa d'Campo Tababela Hotel Boutique Quito Ecuador itinerary is about to get real. Forget those polished brochures – this is the raw, unedited truth. And trust me, it's probably going to be more entertaining than a meticulously planned itinerary.
The "I-Survived-Quito" Itinerary (aka: My Attempt to Become a Semi-Fluent Spanish Speaker and Not Get Altitude Sickness Edition)
Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Adjustment (aka: The Day My Lungs Decided to Revolt)
Morning (Let's be honest, More like "Eventually-Got-My-Butt-Out-of-Bed-After-Being-Jetlagged" ): Arrived at Mariscal Sucre International Airport (UIO). Ecuador, you beauty! Or at least, you were a beauty until I exited the plane and felt my head start to throb. Altitude is a BITCH, people. Immediately hopped into the pre-arranged taxi to the hotel. Praying the driver doesn't speak rapid-fire Spanish, because my "Buenos dÃas" is about as good as it gets.
Mid-Morning: Arrived at Casa d'Campo Tababela. Oh. My. Goodness. This place. It's not just a hotel; it's a little slice of paradise, tucked away from the chaos of the city. Immediately, I was hit with the intoxicating scents of fresh flowers and… is that coffee? Yeah, coffee. I promptly tried to check in and somehow, I don't know how, but I managed to mess up the date and end up in the hotel for 3 days instead of 4, luckily the staff was nice at the front desk. I got an upgrade to a suite!
Afternoon - The Great Nap of '24: Tried (and failed) to be productive. The altitude was kicking my butt. Ended up collapsing in my bed. Sleep, my friend. You have never been so needed.
Late Afternoon: Woke up, disoriented, but determined to conquer the day. Managed a pathetic attempt at a 'paseo' around the gardens of the hotel. The flowers are stunning, the air is crisp… and I'm still lightheaded. Decided a good coffee with an empanada was crucial for my survival and it seemed a very good idea at that moment.
Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. I had the locro de papa (potato soup). It was heaven. And surprisingly, it actually helped with the altitude sickness. Weird. Spent the rest of the evening researching "ways to speak Spanish like a human" and "how to avoid looking like a tourist." Spoiler alert: I failed on both counts.
Day 2: Exploring Quito (aka: The Day I Almost Got Lost and Maybe Fell in Love (Kinda))
Morning: Determined to venture into the city! Grabbed some breakfast, a mountain of fruit, and a cafecito. Got a recommendation from the concierge for the Old Town. Made a mental note: learn more Spanish.
Late Morning - Early Afternoon: Took a taxi, and ended up at Plaza de la Independencia. The views were AMAZING. I got that strange feeling in my stomach that's half-awe, half-fear-of-heights. I spent (what felt like forever) wandering up and down the narrow streets. I visited the Iglesia de la CompañÃa de Jesús. Holy glitter, Batman! Gold… everywhere. My bank account is currently weeping. Then I saw a man making hats. Then I thought, "I want that hat!" I somehow managed to buy it with broken Spanish. A moment of pure, unadulterated joy.
Afternoon - The Wandering Tourist: I tried to find the TeleferiQo (cable car), but ended up wandering around a market and nearly losing myself in the labyrinthine streets. It felt like a maze, but an enchanting one. The smells, the sounds… It was glorious chaos.
Late Afternoon: Found a small, family-run cafe and attempted to order a coffee… the words came out in a jumbled mess of Spanish and English, making the owner squint in confusion… but surprisingly, I got a delicious coffee! I smiled.
Evening: Back to the hotel, exhausted but exhilarated. Indulged in a massive massage. I don't remember much of it, except for the blissful feeling of my muscles melting into the table. Dinner at the hotel again – tried the local seafood. Not bad. Not bad at all. More Spanish learning, and a general feeling of: "I can do this! I WILL conquer this city!"
Day 3: Coffee, Chocolate, and Goodbye (aka: The Day I Didn't Want to Leave)
Morning: Breakfast at the hotel (Again, the fruit! I could live on it.) I decided to skip the city and finally enjoy the hotel. I sat by the pool reading. A lovely Ecuadorian woman came up to me and the strangest thing happened: she had also been to the US on a college program, and we had a wonderful afternoon chatting, almost as if we had known each other our whole lives.
Late Morning - Early Afternoon: After my new friend left, I decided to take a coffee-tasting class at the hotel. I was so excited! The class was taught by a local barista, and I learned so much about the coffee-making process. It was an amazing experience. I also got a chocolate tasting. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but then I kept eating more.
Afternoon - The Bitter Goodbye: I didn't want to leave. I got my bags together and made my way to the airport. The ride was quiet. I knew I would return. I took my hat out of my bag.
Evening: Sigh. At the airport. On the plane. Back to reality. But with a heart full of memories, a suitcase full of souvenirs, and a burning desire to learn more Spanish. Quito, you definitely got under my skin. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Okay, spill the tea! Is Casa d'Campo Tababela *really* as ridiculously luxurious as it looks online?
Oh, honey, let me tell you. The photos? They're good. But the real deal? *Beyond*. I went in with this, admittedly, cynical attitude. Like, "Oh, it's another fancy-schmancy place trying to be 'authentic.'" (eye roll, I'm so sorry, world). But the second I stepped onto that perfectly manicured lawn? My cynicism *melted*. It's not just the perfectly placed pillows, the infinity pool that seems to merge with the Andes, or the staff who anticipate your needs *before* you even realize you have them. (Seriously, they refilled my water glass before I'd even finished the first sip. Creepy? Maybe. Awesome? Absolutely.) It's the *vibe*. It's… peaceful. Which, coming from a stressed-out city dweller like myself, was practically orgasmic.
Let's talk rooms. What's the deal? Are they worth the price tag?
Okay, so, full disclosure, I'm not exactly rolling in dough. But I *splurged*. And, yeah... it was worth it. I stayed in the "Andean Suite," which (deep breath) was basically a tiny mansion. Think: fireplace, HUGE bed (I actually *rolled* out of it one night, it was so big!), private balcony overlooking… well, paradise. And the bathroom? Forget about it. It was bigger than my entire *apartment* back home! I spent a solid hour the first day just admiring the fancy toiletries. Were they worth it? Depends on your bank account, I guess. But for a once-in-a-lifetime getaway? Absolutely. Plus, the shower pressure was *divine*. That's a dealbreaker for me, honestly.
Food. Tell me all about the food. I'm a total foodie. Should I book a flight *right now*?
WHOA, slow down, tiger. Flights can wait. But the food... okay, the food. My *god*. It's not just *good*. It's an experience. Seriously, I almost cried during one meal. (Don't judge me. I've been through a lot.) They have this chef, a local guy, who clearly lives and breathes Ecuadorian cuisine. He uses ingredients from the region, stuff you've probably never even heard of. And the flavors... WOW. I'm not even going to *try* to describe it; you just have to experience it. One night, I remember, I had this *ceviche*. The freshest fish, perfectly balanced acidity, a little bit of spice... I could've eaten a bucket. Breakfast was equally epic - freshly squeezed juices, artisan breads, and... okay, I'm drooling again. Book that flight. Seriously. But wait until you see my credit card bill.
What about activities? Am I just going to be lounging around the pool the whole time? (Which, honestly, sounds amazing…)
Listen, I *am* the kind of person who could happily spend a week doing absolutely nothing but vertical sunbathing. And you *can* do that at Casa d'Campo. The pool is perfect, the sun loungers are comfy, the cocktails are strong... But! They also offer activities. Hiking in the Andes, horseback riding, visiting nearby villages... I almost did the hiking thing. Almost. Then I saw the pool and the sun and decided, "Nope." Maybe next time. Also, they have a spa. A *spa*. I got a massage and it felt like my muscles were finally loosening after, oh, about 30 years of built-up tension. Worth it. Though, again, pricier than my usual "sit on the couch and cry" relaxation routine.
Okay, let's get real. Any downsides? Because nothing's perfect, right?
*Ugh*, yes! While I *loved* the place, I *did* have a small issue. One tiny, tiny, almost-not-worth-mentioning-because-everything-else-was-amazing issue. My room, the glorious Andean Suite, had this gorgeous fireplace. And I, being a slightly inept city dweller, thought, "Ooh, I should build a fire!" Now, I followed all the instructions. *Carefully*. I even watched a YouTube tutorial. And... let's just say it didn't exactly go smoothly. Smoke. Lots of smoke. Apparently, I hadn't properly "flued" [is that a word?] the chimney or something. I ended up setting off the smoke alarm. Twice. The staff, bless their hearts, were incredibly gracious (and, I think, probably used to dealing with idiot tourists like me). I am eternally, *deeply* embarrassed. So, my advice? Unless you're an experienced fire-starter, maybe stick to the electric blankets. Just a thought.
Is it romantic? I'm thinking of taking my… partner…
Oh, *absolutely*. It's dripping with romance. Candlelit dinners, secluded spots, the sound of the wind whispering through the trees... I went with a friend (a platonic friend, mind you!), and even *we* felt a little gooey. I bet the staff sees a lot of marriage proposals. Or maybe they just see a lot of people getting really, *really* happy. Either way, it's perfect for a getaway with your loved one. Just maybe don't try to build a fire. Unless you like drama.
Anything else I should know before I go? Like, hidden gems or tricks?
Okay, a few things. First, the staff genuinely want to make your stay perfect. Don't be afraid to ask for anything! They are *seriously* eager to please. Second, pack comfortable shoes. Even if you're just planning on lounging, you'll probably want to explore a little. Third, bring a good book. Or a couple. Or a whole library. Trust me, you'll want something to get lost in. And finally, be prepared to spend more than you think. Because you will. But, honestly? It's worth it. Go. Just go. And try not to set anything on fire. Unless you're *really* good at building fires. In which case, maybe teach me. Please.