Gramercy Residences Manila: Luxury Living You Won't Believe Exists!
Gramercy Residences Manila: So…Is It REALLY Luxury You Can't Believe? (Let's Find Out!)
Okay, people, let's talk Gramercy Residences. I've heard the hype. "Luxury you won't believe!" they scream from the rooftops (or, you know, the internet). So, naturally, I had to investigate. And honestly? It's… complicated. Buckle up, buttercups, because this review is gonna be a wild ride.
First things first: Accessibility. Listen, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I’ve got a friend who is, and this is something I always check. Gramercy mostly seems to be on the right track. They've got facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator, which is a MAJOR plus. I think the rooms themselves are generally okay, but it's hard to say definitively without a first-hand experience. A call to the front desk might be in order to confirm.
Getting Around: Okay, traffic in Manila is a beast. So, that free car park on-site is a lifesaver, and they've got valet parking for those days when you just can't. They offer airport transfer which is good. Taxi service is readily available. Bonus points for car power charging station!
Internet, Glorious Internet! Okay, this is where Gramercy generally shines. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! And not just in the rooms, but in the public areas too. They also offer Internet access – LAN, so if you're old school like me and prefer a cable, you're covered. Internet services are on point, which is a necessity in this digital age.
On-site Restaurants & Lounges: The Foodie Gauntlet! Alright, let's get honest: I live to eat. So, this is crucial. Gramercy has a LOT going on. They have restaurants, a coffee shop, a snack bar, and a poolside bar. The restaurants themselves offer a variety: Asian cuisine, Western cuisine, and International cuisine, so there’s something for everyone. There's even a vegetarian restaurant, which is a big win in my book. The presence of a bar, Happy hour, and the availability of coffee/tea in the restaurant will contribute to a complete experience. I’m a little skeptical about the Breakfast [buffet], they're hit and miss. They also offer Breakfast takeaway service. I'm not entirely sure about the Asian breakfast, it can often be the same, but I'm confident that they will provide a Buffet in restaurant.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Anyone? This is probably Gramercy's biggest selling point. The sheer amount of ways to unwind is impressive. Let's start with the big guns: a Swimming pool [outdoor] and a Pool with view. They boast a Sauna, Steamroom, a Spa, and a Gym/Fitness center. You can even indulge in a Body scrub or Body wrap. The Foot bath is a great touch. And of course, a Massage.
I'm going to be honest, I got caught up in the idea of a spa day. I thought I'd treat myself, you know? And the photos… they look BEAUTIFUL. But the real-life experience? Okay, here's the thing: I booked a massage. The spa itself was lovely, all dim lights and hushed whispers. But… the massage? My masseuse was clearly having a bad day. She was distracted, a little rough, and more importantly, her technique was… lacking. I walked out feeling more tense than when I walked in. Total letdown. The lesson? Read reviews (and perhaps bring your own essential oils!).
Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized or… Sanitized? Listen, safety is paramount, especially these days. Gramercy seems to take this seriously. They offer daily disinfection in common areas and rooms sanitized between stays. They use anti-viral cleaning products, and have professional-grade sanitizing services. There's hand sanitizer everywhere, which is reassuring. They even offer you the option to room sanitization opt-out available. Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, and Hygiene certification are also available. They seem to have thought of everything.
I'm also pleased to see features such as the CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, and Security [24-hour] on offer.
Rooms: The Make-or-Break! The heart of any hotel stay, right? The rooms need to deliver. Gramercy offers a lot of what you'd expect: Air conditioning, Blackout curtains (THANK YOU!), Bathrobes, and Complimentary tea. Some rooms have seating areas, sofas, and separate shower/bathtub, which screams luxury. But it is not perfect. The room I stayed in (a "superior" room) was… fine. Clean, yes, but not quite the opulent palace I'd expected. The furniture was a bit dated, and while the window that opens was a nice touch, it also meant hearing the Manila traffic symphony. It’s got Free bottled water, a Refrigerator, a hair dryer and many utilities. There is a Mirror, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Telephone, and Complimentary toiletries. There is an Ironing facilities. Interconnecting room(s) available. They also have extra long bed and Non-smoking rooms.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Matter Gramercy has a lot of cool services. They have cash withdrawal, concierge, currency exchange, daily housekeeping, doorman, Dry cleaning, and elevator, etc.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Feeding My Face! Besides the restaurants, there’s Room service [24-hour]. You can get a Bottle of water, Coffee/tea in restaurant, and Happy hour.
For the Kids: Gramercy has Babysitting service, and they're Family/child friendly. Also, there is a Kids meal to choose from.
The Overall Vibe: Glamorous or… Grungy?
Look, Gramercy tries to be luxurious. The amenities are definitely there. The pool is stunning, the views are breathtaking, and the sheer scale of the place is impressive. But it's not perfect. The service can be hit-or-miss (that spa experience!), the rooms, while comfortable, aren't always as dazzling as the photos suggest.
My Verdict:
Gramercy Residences is a solid choice, especially if you're prioritizing amenities and location. It's got a lot to offer, but manage your expectations. Don't go expecting a flawless, five-star experience. If you're after a fun staycation with plenty to do (and you don't mind a few minor imperfections), then go for it. The rooftop pool alone is worth the price of admission.
And now, for the sales pitch… but with a twist!
Tired of the Same Old Hotel Routine? Craving a Manila Escape That Actually Feels Luxurious (and Isn't a Dump)?
Then ditch the boring hotels and book your stay at Gramercy Residences! Yes, it might not be PERFECT. You might get a so-so massage. But listen:
Here's what makes Gramercy Residences DIFFERENT:
- Breathtaking Views: Imagine waking up to the Manila skyline every morning. (And let's face it, the Instagram possibilities are endless!)
- Unlimited Fun: Seriously, pools, spas, gyms, and restaurants galore. You could spend your entire stay just exploring the hotel!
- Location, Location, Location! Right in the heart of Bonifacio Global City, close to everything you need.
- The Almost Flawless Experience: Sure, it's not perfect, but that's what makes it real. You get the good bits, the bad bits, and the hilarious stories to tell your friends.
Our Exclusive Offer Just for You!
Book your stay at Gramercy Residences now and get:
- A Free Upgrade: (Based on availability!)
- A Complimentary Cocktail: (At the bar after your hectic day).
- A Discounted Spa Package: (So you can try again, and hopefully have a better experience).
Don’t miss out on Manila's most exciting escape!
Book Now and discover the luxury you almost can't believe exists. (But trust me, it's worth checking out.)
Escape to Paradise: Almhof Riezlern, Austria - Your Unforgettable Mountain GetawayOkay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, corporate-approved itinerary. This is MY Gramercy Residences Manila adventure, and it’s gonna be a hot mess, just like me. Let's dive in…
Gramercy Grind & Glorious Mess: A Manila Itinerary (with a healthy dose of chaos)
Day 1: Arrival & "Oh. My. Gawd. This is Beautiful!" (Plus a Near-Disaster)
- Morning (Technically… Mid-Afternoon): Touchdown in Manila! After a torturous flight (seriously, tiny airline blankets are a crime against humanity), I claw my way through immigration, feeling like a grumpy zombie. Finally, escape. Grabbed a Grab (thank GOD for Grab) to the Gramercy Residences. The traffic? Brutal. Like, "existential dread" brutal. I swear, at one point, I saw a chicken crossing the road. No, seriously.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Arrive at Gramercy. Okay, whoa. The lobby is glamorous. Marble, chandeliers, the works. I probably looked like a deer caught in headlights, wandering around wide-eyed, clutching my backpack. Checking in was surprisingly smooth. The staff, bless their hearts, are unfailingly polite, even when dealing with my sleep-deprived grumbling.
- The Apartment Revelation & That Balcony!: The apartment…omg. It’s like a movie set! The view? Jaw-dropping. Manila sprawled out before me, twinkling under the setting sun. Seriously, I almost cried. That balcony? I could live there. I could die there happily, surrounded by the city lights.
- The Near-Disaster: I decide to be all adventurous and try to make some noodles…and I almost burn the place down. Seriously. I was distracted by the view and the noodles became BLACK, and the smoke alarm went off. I felt so embarrassed. I blame jet lag. I really do. Managed to salvage a not-totally-incinerated meal, opened ALL the windows, and vowed to stick to takeout for the rest of the trip. Lesson learned: don't trust a sleep-deprived Brit with a hotplate.
- Evening: Exhausted but exhilarated, I collapse on the ridiculously comfortable bed. Ordered some Filipino takeout (adobo, obviously). Ate it while staring at the city lights, feeling like I was living in some kind of ridiculously glamorous dream.
Day 2: Makati Mayhem & Street Food Survival
- Morning: Woke up feeling like a new person. The comfy bed worked wonders. Coffee! Needed coffee desperately. The little in-apartment espresso machine was a life-saver.
- Brunch & the "Trendy" Scene: Wandered around the area. Started with the Mall. It's huge. Went looking for a place with coffee and brunch, but everything's a little too…pristine. Too many skinny lattes and perfect eyebrows. My 'je ne sais quoi' outfit didn't fit in so well in the polished environment. Ended up wandering off to the streets outside.
- The Street Food Gauntlet & Emotional Breakdown (Almost): Found myself on a street food adventure. First, the isaw (grilled chicken intestines). Bold, brave move! Then came the kwek-kwek (deep-fried quail eggs). They were great. I had a small emotional breakdown, trying to order in Tagalog. I was so scared to offend anyone. I felt like a total idiot. But the vendor, bless him, just grinned and helped me. It was the best. Ended up getting some lumpia. That was heaven.
- Afternoon: Makati Walkabout and Retail Therapy: Spent the afternoon wandering around Makati. This is where the real Manila is. The colorful jeepneys, the cacophony of sounds, the smells (some good, some… less so). I got lost (naturally). Saw a cute street cat. Almost bought a completely impractical hat, then spent an hour debating it. Decided against the hat. Regretted it later.
- Evening: Rooftop Drinks & Existential Questioning: Back to the Gramercy, hit the rooftop bar (a must-do). The view is even more spectacular at night. Ordered a cocktail that tasted suspiciously like cough medicine, but the view made up for it. Sat there, staring at the city lights, feeling a mix of awe, wonder, and "what the hell am I doing with my life?" Standard travel fare, right?
Day 3: Exploring the Souls of Manila
- Morning: Artsy Side of Manila After a proper sleep, I headed out to the streets and soaked in the art and cultural side of Manila. Visited a museum, spent hours admiring the history and culture. Learned a lot, felt enriched, so much.
- Afternoon: Intramuros: The historic district! This was the highlight of the trip. Wandering the cobblestone streets, imagining colonial times, the feel of history as I went was fantastic. Visited the San Agustin Church. It was incredible.
- Evening: Relax, Reflections and Last Evening in Manila Back at the Gramercy, reminiscing about the last few days, the experience and the people I met. Ordered my favorite meal once again.
Day 4: Departures and Goodbyes
- Morning: One Last Goodbyes Before I depart to airport, one last looks at the city.
Quirky Observations & Anecdotes:
- The Elevator Saga: The elevators in Gramercy are fast, but if you're prone to mild panic, the wait can feel like an eternity. I almost had a full-blown claustrophobic episode on one occasion.
- The "Jeepney Dance": Learning to navigate the jeepneys is a rite of passage. I failed miserably, multiple times. Ended up walking more than I intended.
- The Karaoke Conundrum: Karaoke is everywhere. I was very tempted to try. Maybe next time!
- The Kindness Factor: The people of Manila are unbelievably kind and helpful. Even when I was a bumbling idiot, they smiled and offered assistance. That's what I'll miss most (besides the food, obviously).
Emotional Reactions (The Honestly Brutal Version):
- Joy: Overwhelmed with the beauty of the city lights. The sunsets were breathtaking. Even the rain couldn't dampen my mood.
- Frustration: Traffic. The traffic. And constantly questioning what I was doing here. Did I make the right choice? What did I know what I was doing?
- Awe: Standing in awe of the church and the city's heart.
- Fear: Almost setting my apartment on fire. Also, getting lost, a lot. Also, the sheer size of the city.
- Gratitude: For the friendly faces, the delicious food, the incredible views.
- Slight Existential Crisis: See "Rooftop Drinks & Existential Questioning" on Day 2.
Opinionated Language & Natural Pacing:
This itinerary is not perfect. It's messy, it's chaotic, it's probably not for everyone. But it's MY Manila experience, warts and all. I loved it. I hated it. I want to go back. I'm glad I went. It was an absolute adventure.
Final Note:
Pack comfy shoes. Embrace the chaos. Don't be afraid to get lost. And for the love of all that is holy, learn a few basic Tagalog phrases. You won't regret it. Manila, you crazy, beautiful, wonderful mess. I'll be back. (And next time, I'm taking a cooking class.)
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Shiv Shakti Palace Hotel, Harda - India's Hidden Gem!Gramercy Residences: Seriously, Is This Place Real? (My Honest, Messy Thoughts...)
Okay, spill. Is Gramercy Residences actually as ridiculously luxurious as it looks in the photos?
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because the truth is... it's pretty darn close. BUT (and this is a big but – like, *Kim Kardashian* big) the photos are strategically angled. You're not going to be tripping over your own two feet in pure gold leaf. However! The lobby? The lobby is *jaw-dropping*. Seriously, when I first walked in, I nearly choked on my own spit. It's all marble and chandeliers, and you feel like you should curtsy. I actually *did* curtsy the first time. Then I immediately felt like a total dork. But that lobby… It's a mood, alright? Expect to feel slightly underdressed, even in a tailored suit. (I'm pretty sure the security guards are judging your sneaker game. They certainly judged *mine*.)
Let's talk about the amenities. The infinity pool...the gym...the retail shops... Is it all just a glorified Instagram filter?
Okay, the infinity pool. YES. The infinity pool is real. And it's stunning. But here's the *mess*. The first time I went, it was packed. And I mean *packed* – like a can of sardines that had just been through a Zumba class. People are jockeying for pool chair space like it's the last slice of pizza on Earth. I ended up crammed between a guy with a massive inflatable swan and a woman loudly FaceTiming someone in, like, *London*. So, yeah, the pool's phenomenal when it's not a human mosh pit. Go during the week, early mornings, or accept your fate and bring a towel, some serious patience, and maybe earplugs.
The gym? Surprisingly decent! Not top-of-the-line, but clean, well-maintained, and usually not too crowded. Though, I did witness a guy trying to lift a weight *clearly* too heavy for him, and nearly drop it on his foot. I may have giggled. Judge me.
The retail shops? Okay, let's be honest, they're mostly expensive boutiques. Unless you have a seriously healthy bank account (and I do *not*), you'll probably be window shopping. But hey, it's fun to pretend! I spent a solid hour once just fantasizing about buying a ridiculously overpriced handbag I’d never use. #aspirational
What's the deal with the security? Is it, like, Fort Knox levels of secure?
Yes. And no. They're serious about the door, you can't just wander in there, you can't just go in there with a rucksack and hope for the best. The system is very good. But one time, I legitimately almost got locked out because I forgot my access card. I stood there, looking like a complete idiot, while the security guard gave me the stink eye. It took a solid 10 minutes of convincing (and maybe a bit of flattery – "You're so eagle-eyed, sir!") before they let me in. So, yeah, it's secure, but you’re going to feel the pressure of needing to be there. They’re good, but don’t relax and don’t forget your card.
And occasionally, I've seen delivery guys just... slip through the cracks. So maybe not Fort Knox, but certainly *very* vigilant. Which is comforting, I guess, considering all the money floating around.
The apartments themselves...are they actually *livable* or just for show? (And what about the views, are they really as fantastic as everyone says?)
Okay, the apartments. This is where things get interesting. They're *beautiful*. Modern, sleek, all the bells and whistles. But… They can feel a little… sterile? Like a supermodel's apartment - gorgeous, but lacking a certain cozy charm. I toured a few, and I kept thinking, "Where do you *live* in a place like this? Where do you eat ramen at 2 AM in your sweatpants and watch terrible reality TV?" It's a different kind of living, I guess.
And the views? OMG THE VIEWS. If you get a high-floor unit, prepare to have your breath taken away. Cityscape, the ocean, the sunsets that will take away your ability to use words… it's incredible. Seriously, the view alone might be worth it. I'd probably spend all my time just staring out the window, contemplating the meaning of life or some such nonsense, but hey, some people are into that. I do.
What's the vibe like? Is everyone a glamorous socialite or are there normal people too?
Good question! It's a mixed bag. There are definitely the socialites. You know, the ones who look perpetually put-together and probably have a private chef. But you also see families, young professionals, and even a few (dare I say it?) *normal* people. I once saw a dude wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts in the lobby, and I almost wept with relief. (And maybe judged him a little. I can’t help it!) It's not quite as stuffy as you might imagine, but you do feel a certain pressure to... I don’t know… be presentable. Like, don't show up with bedhead and yesterday's mascara. Unless you *want* to be judged. Which, hey, maybe you do! No judgement here. (Okay, maybe a little.)
Okay, the big question: Would you *really* recommend living there? Despite all the messy details?
You know what? Despite the occasional sardine-pool situations, the judgmental security guards (sorry, guys!), and the general feeling that you should always be wearing something fabulous, yes. Absolutely. If you can afford it, and if you don't mind a bit of the 'show', it’s an amazing place to live. The views are incredible, the amenities are great (when you can actually use them), and the overall experience is pretty darn special. It's a little slice of luxury in a city that can often feel chaotic. Just remember to bring your sense of humor… and maybe some earplugs for the pool. And a good tailor. Because looking good helps. Seriously. Trust me on this one. And just once, I had a moment of looking at the city view, and feeling like, *yeah, this exists*. And it's pretty cool.