Manila Penthouse Paradise: Your Dream City Home Awaits!
Manila Penthouse Paradise: Dream City Home? Hold My Halo (and My Martini!) - A Hyper-Real Review
Okay, so "Manila Penthouse Paradise: Your Dream City Home Awaits!" sounds a little too good to be true, right? Let's be real. I'm here, after a week of navigating the chaotic but charming streets of Manila, to give you the real lowdown, warts and all. Don't expect polished brochure speak here. I'm talking genuine, "should I have ordered that extra rice?" kind of honesty.
First Impressions & Accessibility - (Or, How I Almost Got Stuck in a Doorway)
Alright, getting there was a bit of an adventure. Manila traffic? Don't even get me started. But finally, the building loomed… sleek, modern. And, thankfully, accessible. Yes! An elevator! Essential for a penthouse experience, obviously. So, kudos on that. I will say, though, the ramp leading to the main entrance? Could be a smidge steeper for some wheelchairs – a minor critique, but one worth noting for accessibility advocates. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, but I didn't dive deep into that.
But here's a HUGE win: the instant Wi-Fi connection. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! I’m talking a solid connection that allowed me to actually work (and avoid getting yelled at by my boss – another win!). And I'm happy to report, Wi-Fi in public areas? Yup. Spot on.
Check-in was… well, let's say "express." Which, after that traffic, I appreciated. Contactless? Bingo. Gotta love it. There was a doorman who greeted me which was nice.
Safety & Cleanliness - Because Let's Face It, We're All a Little Germophobic Now
Okay, I admit it. Before this trip, I'd become obsessed with hand sanitizer. Manila streets are… lively. So, I was particularly interested in how Manila Penthouse Paradise handled the whole pandemic situation.
I’m happy to report that they take cleanliness seriously. I didn’t see any obvious signs of skimping. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Anti-viral cleaning products? Probably. I mean, it felt clean. Rooms sanitized between stays? I certainly hope so! Though, you know, I can't really tell. Hand sanitizer stations are plentiful. They have Staff trained in safety protocol. I saw CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property.
Food Glorious Food (and the Existential Crisis of "What to Order")
Alright, let's talk food. Because, let's be real, that's the real reason we travel, right?
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: The hotel provided all of the above and Breakfast service, with a Breakfast [buffet] and offered Asian breakfast and Western breakfast.
- Restaurants: There are Restaurants on site, and I only tried the Asian cuisine in restaurant
- Coffee/tea in restaurant and Coffee shop are available. I tried both. The coffee was… passable. The coffee shop, however, was a lifesaver.
- Room service [24-hour]? Praise be! Especially after a late night exploring.
- Snack bar at the pool, which was essential.
- Vegetarian restaurant, I did not see anything.
My biggest food-related crisis unfolded in the restaurant. The menu! Oh, the menu! So many choices, a dizzying array of international and Asian cuisine. I spent a solid fifteen minutes agonizing over whether to order the pad thai or the… well, it doesn't matter anymore. I got the pad thai. Was it the best pad thai I've ever had? Maybe not. But it hit the spot. Room service saved me a few times as well, so I'd recommend it
The Room - My Fortress of Solitude (with Excellent Internet!)
Okay, the good stuff. The room itself. My Manila Penthouse Paradise experience centered around the room.
- Additional toilet was definitely a plus.
- Air conditioning, which is absolutely critical in Manila.
- Air conditioning in public area
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobes and slippers made me feel fancy.
- Bathtub
- Blackout curtains were essential. You need to sleep!
- Complimentary tea which I did appreciate.
- Desk which I appreciated with the good Internet access – wireless.
- Extra long bed which I could stretch out on comfortably.
- Free bottled water. Always a good thing, especially in the heat.
- Hair dryer, which I needed.
- High floor, and the views were amazing.
- In-room safe box, because you know you want to keep your passport safe.
- Internet access – LAN
- Ironing facilities
- Laptop workspace, which I happily used.
- Mini bar.
- Non-smoking
- Private bathroom, yes.
- Reading light in bed.
- Refrigerator
- Scale
- Seating area
- Separate shower/bathtub
- Shower
- Smoke detector
- Sofa
- Telephone
- Toiletries
- Towels
But, Honestly, the Best Part?
The simple fact that I could close the door, turn on the AC, and breathe. Escape the glorious chaos of Manila for a few hours of blissful quiet.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax - (Or, Why I Didn't Try the Body Wrap)
Okay, the hotel offered a lot of ways to unwind.
- A swimming pool with a view, which, yes, was as amazing as it sounds.
- They had a Fitness center and a Gym/fitness which was helpful.
- Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, and Sauna, which I did not experience since I was very busy.
- I heard there was a Steamroom.
- Other listed things to do: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, which I couldn't bring myself to try, but maybe next time.
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter
Here’s where Manila Penthouse Paradise really shines.
- Air conditioning in public area - because it's HOT.
- Cash withdrawal
- Concierge, which was helpful (especially when I needed directions).
- Daily housekeeping
- Doorman
- Dry cleaning
- Elevator
- Laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Safety deposit boxes
- Taxi service
The Fine Print (Because "Dream City Home" Isn't Quite Real)
- Pets allowed? Nope, that's a no-go.
- Food delivery: they had this.
- Smoking area: Yep.
- Alcohol: was available.
- They had facilities for disabled guests.
The Verdict - Is it Paradise?
Look, is Manila Penthouse Paradise a perfect utopia? No. Does it live up to the "Dream City Home" hype? Well, that depends on your dream. But, honestly, it's a solid, well-maintained hotel with a great location, excellent internet, and a decent selection of amenities.
Here's my honest assessment:
- The Good: Cleanliness, the views from the rooms, the accessibility (with minor caveats), the Wi-Fi, the room itself.
- The Okay: The restaurant, the food options.
- The Could Be Better: The ramp to the entrance for wheelchairs.
Recommendation:
I'd recommend Manila Penthouse Paradise. It's a great base for exploring Manila, and the comfort of the rooms makes it a relaxing escape from the city's hustle and bustle.
Now, for the hard sell… because you deserve it!
Limited-Time Offer: Escape to the Sky with Manila Penthouse Paradise!
Tired of Ordinary? Craving an Unforgettable City Experience?
Book your stay at Manila Penthouse Paradise through our website, and we'll upgrade your experience with these amazing exclusive perks:
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi Guaranteed: Because let's face it, staying connected is non-negotiable. Enjoy a 10% discount on your first night's room rate!
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: Toast to breathtaking city views from our poolside bar. Cheers to your adventure!
- Free Late Checkout: Sleep in, relax, and extend your escape. Because you deserve it!
- Exclusive Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings with a PHP 1,000
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travelogue. This is… my Manila. And frankly, it's a beautiful, chaotic, sweat-drenched mess. Welcome to the ride.
Home Base: Manila - Specifically, somewhere in the glorious, grungy heart of it all (Probably near Binondo, if I'm honest, because the food… oh, the food).
Day 1: Arrival & An Assault on the Senses (and My Stomach)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up. Or, more accurately, snap awake from the cacophony. It’s a symphony of jeepney engines, the distant bleating of a stray goat (seriously, it’s always there somewhere), and the relentless chirping of… well, everything. Coffee. Strong, black coffee. I need it. Then, a quick, lukewarm shower. The water pressure resembles a gentle drizzle, but hey, it's wet, and that's a win.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Hit the streets. The air hits you like a warm, damp blanket, a mixture of exhaust fumes and… deliciousness. The smells! Oh, the smells! Adobo simmering in a nearby kitchen, sizzling tapsilog from a street vendor, the pungent tang of Durian wafting on the breeze. I swear, Manila’s air is a Michelin-starred chef's greatest creation.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Binondo, here I come! The world’s oldest Chinatown, baby! I navigate the throngs of bustling shoppers, dodging tricycles and, let's be honest, the occasional rogue street dog. My mission: food. Specifically, siopao (fluffy steamed buns with pork filling), hakaw (succulent shrimp dumplings), and maybe, just maybe, a mountain of kikiam (deep-fried seasoned pork and vegetable rolls). I'm already starting to sweat, but it's a happy sweat. A food-fueled sweat.
- Late Morning (11:00 AM): Disaster strikes! I try to order in Mandarin, confidently spouting the few phrases I remember from that one online course. The vendor stares at me blankly. I stammer, blush, and resort to frantic pointing. Success! But the humiliation… it lingers. This is Manila. You will mess up. You will embarrass yourself. You will keep going.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Okay, forget polite. I'd like to be honest, it's not even the food that's amazing, it's the people. Sure, a bit of language barrier is here but, their hospitality is out of this world!
- Afternoon (1:30 PM - 3:30 PM): The Quiapo Church. Crowded, colourful, and intensely spiritual. It's a place of contrasts: the devout kneeling in prayer, the hawkers selling everything from amulets to medicinal herbs the hustle. And the sheer architectural magnificence of it all. I, a mere tourist, stand in the midst of it all, humbled. And then I stumble over a half-eaten banana peel. Welcome back to the chaos, self.
- Afternoon (3:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Shopping in the market. Oh. My. God. This is where the real Manila lives. The smell of fish mingling with the sweet perfume of the flower stalls. Bargaining with vendors for souvenirs (I'm terrible at this; they always see me coming). I snag a cheap, gloriously gaudy t-shirt. It says "Manila: Where the Streets Are Always Alive." Accurate.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at a carinderia (a small, local eatery). The food is cheap, delicious, and served with a side of genuine warmth. I order a sinigang (sour and savory soup) that makes my tastebuds sing. Chatting with the locals, laughing, trying to navigate Tagalog. This is what I came for. The heart. The soul. The food coma about to follow.
- Evening (8:00 PM – 10:00 PM): Drinks. Drinks. Drinks. I'm wandering around the city, trying new bars and new friends to meet!
Day 2: History & the Unexpected: A Marathon (of Sorts)
- Morning (8:00 AM): I wake up feeling like a truck hit me, but hey, that's the aftereffects of a great day! Coffee is a must, then I brace myself for the heat.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Intramuros. The walled city. This is where history screams out loud. Cobblestone streets, Spanish colonial architecture, the echoes of the past. I start a walking tour. I get a little lost. I stop; I take pictures.
- Mid-Morning (11:00 AM): Fort Santiago. So I can feel all the histories in this place. I'm trying to be cool, I'm trying to be serious but I can't. I'm a bit of a hot mess so I just embrace it!
- Lunch (12:00 PM): More food. More everything.
- Afternoon (1:30 PM): Here is where it's all going to be very exciting! You see, I decided to walk. All the way to… I don't know where! I walked for hours. I'm soaking wet, and I smell terrible.
- Late afternoon (5:00 PM): I find a park. Where I get to sit down. I feel like I ran a marathon, and I didn't even plan to!
- Evening (7:00 PM): A very early night, and a very long sleep.
Day 3: Art, Escape and Sweet Farewell (For Now)
- Morning (9:00 AM): The sun is up and I can't believe that I have to leave Manila! So sad! It's like I just got started.
- Mid-Morning (11:00 AM): I spend it in a museum. One of the best I have ever seen! I have no words.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): One last meal and the flight time.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): At the airport and I have to leave. It was a blast! I'll be back, Manila. You chaotic, beautiful, exhausting, exhilarating heart of a city.
Important Notes & Ramblings:
- Transportation: Jeeps are an experience. Just remember to be prepared to squeeze in, hang on for dear life, and learn the routes on the fly. Taxis are plentiful, but agree on a fare beforehand, or be prepared for a negotiation. Grab (the ride-hailing app) is your friend.
- Traffic: Manila traffic is legendary. Embrace it. Bring a book, download some podcasts, and plan for everything to take twice as long as you think it will.
- The Heat: Hydrate! Drink water at all times. Seek shade whenever possible. And accept that you will sweat. A lot.
- The People: The Filipinos are some of the warmest, most hospitable people on earth. Smile. Be polite. Try to speak a few Tagalog phrases. They'll appreciate it. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
- Food Safety: Be cautious. Eat at busy places where the turnover is fast. Bring Imodium just in case.
- Most Importantly: Let go of your expectations and surrender to the chaos. Manila will surprise you. It will exhaust you. It will challenge you. But it will also reward you in a way that few other places on earth can.
- Next Time: I'm staying for longer. I'm learning Tagalog. And I'm definitely going back to Binondo for another mountain of siopao. Because, damn, that’s good stuff.