Cape Town Dream: De Waterkant's Most Stunning Apartment Awaits!
Cape Town Dream: De Waterkant… Oh. My. Word. (A Review, With Rambles)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Cape Town Dream: De Waterkant's Most Stunning Apartment Awaits! and I'm still trying to process the sheer, unadulterated glamour. Seriously, I need a nap after writing this review, which should tell you something about the level of… well, let's just say intensity this place brings.
First off, the name? Cape Town Dream. Nailed it. I mean, you're in Cape Town. You are dreaming. It's all just gloriously redundant, and I dig it. This isn’t your cookie-cutter hotel experience, folks. This is a vibe.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Okay!)
Alright, let's get the practical stuff out of the way. I wouldn't call it perfect for everyone. The listing does mention "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a good start. But I'm not sure how comprehensive it is, so it's definitely worth calling and asking specific questions about wheelchair accessibility around the property and into the apartment itself. The "Elevator" is a definite plus, and the "Car park [free of charge]" is always a winner in a city where parking is a competitive sport. "Car park [on-site]" too, which is even better if you don't like walking. Just check the lay of the land before you book if accessibility is a major concern.
The Internet - A Necessary Evil, But They've Got It
"Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" YES! This is a necessity of modern life, and Cape Town Dream delivers. "Internet access – wireless" and "Internet access – LAN" are also ticked off the list. So, whether you're a hardcore wired type or a casual browser, you're good to go. It's got "Internet" and "Internet services," which are, of course, important for actually using the internet.
The Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Oh, Lord, Where Do I Start?!
This is where things get… delicious.
Spa/Sauna/Steamroom/Swimming Pool/Pool with View… I'm pretty sure I spent half my time just wandering around, taking it all in. The infinity pool… Guys, the infinity pool overlooks everything. I swear, at one point, I saw a whale (or maybe I just really needed a cocktail). "Poolside bar" – essential. "Spa" – needed. "Sauna" – felt fancy. "Steamroom" – I think I spent a solid hour in there just breathing. It was a sensory overload in the best possible way.
Massage…Body scrub…Body wrap… Look, I am not usually a "spa person." I'm more of a "Netflix and chill" kind of gal. But I was persuaded. And honestly? I'm a convert. The body scrub was like being reborn (with less mess than childbirth, thankfully). The massage? I may have drooled a little. No judgment.
Fitness Center/Gym/Fitness… Sigh. Yes, there's one of those too. I intended to use it. I really did. But the lure of the pool, the cocktails, and the… you know… life… kept getting in the way. Maybe next time.
Cleanliness and Safety - Thank Goodness!
I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit of a germaphobe. So "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Rooms sanitized between stays," "Sanitized kitchen and tableware items," "Staff trained in safety protocol," and "Professional-grade sanitizing services" made me breathe a collective sigh of relief. "Hand sanitizer" everywhere? Yes, please! The "First aid kit" and "Doctor/nurse on call" are just thoughtful touches.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking… My Achilles' Heel
Oh, boy. Where to begin? The "Restaurants," "Bar," "Coffee shop," "Snack bar," and "Poolside bar" are all present and accounted for. "Room service [24-hour]"? Bless them. Bless them. "Breakfast [buffet]" was… massive. "Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant"? I skipped those because, well, I'm not adventurous with my breakfast. "Western breakfast" and "Western cuisine in restaurant" totally worked for me. The "A la carte in restaurant" option is cool, too. The "Happy hour" situation? Let's just say I made some new friends. And the "Desserts in restaurant"? Unforgettable.
A Note on the Food (And a Mild Rant)
I had this incredible salad. Legitimately, one of the best salads I've ever had. I’m a simple woman: give me fresh greens, a tangy dressing, and maybe some grilled chicken, and I’m happy. This salad was like a work of art. Perfectly balanced. Impeccably dressed. I could have eaten it every day and still needed more.
… But and this IS a BIG but… The "Vegetarian restaurant" was really nothing to write home about. And let me be clear: Cape Town is a food town. I like the option of “Alternative meal arrangement” but on a stay like this you can have your cake and eat it. Still though, the salad saved them.
Services and Conveniences - They Think of Everything
"Concierge," "Daily housekeeping," "Doorman," "Dry cleaning," "Ironing service," "Laundry service," "Luggage storage," "Safety deposit boxes"… It's all there. "Air conditioning in public area"… YES! "Elevator." "Elevator." "Elevator." "Cash withdrawal." You get the picture. They've thought of everything.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You)
Okay, I travelled solo, so I didn't personally experience this. But the "Babysitting service," "Family/child friendly," and "Kids facilities" are definitely a plus for those travelling with little ones.
Rooms: The Actual Dream
Okay, let's talk about the apartment itself. "Air conditioning" – check. "Air conditioning in public area" – check. "Additional toilet" - always welcome. The "Bathroom phone" and "Bathtub," along with the "Shower," are appreciated too. "Blackout curtains"? Essential for those post-cocktail naps. "Coffee/tea maker," "Complimentary tea," "Free bottled water"? They know the way to my heart.
The Bed: Seriously Comfortable. Like, Really. The "Extra long bed" was a godsend. I'm tall, and finally, a bed that didn't threaten to chop off my feet! The "Pillows" – fluffy and plentiful. Ahhh. "Linens" – crisp and clean
The View: Jaw-Dropping. The "High floor" really made a difference. My apartment had an amazing "Terrace," with views that would make a grumpy cat smile. Seeing the sunset over Table Mountain every evening was worth the price of admission alone. I mean, "Window that opens"? Yes, but who needs to open it when you have a terrace like this?
The Details: Thoughtful and Refined. "Bathrobes," "Slippers," and a "Scale" (which I studiously avoided using) gave it a luxurious feel. The "In-room safe box" (always important), "Refrigerator," "Mini bar," "Coffee/tea maker," and "Hair dryer" were all appreciated.
Getting Around - Easy Peasy
"Airport transfer," "Taxi service," and "Valet parking"? Smooth sailing. "Car park [free of charge]," always a bonus.
Quirky Observations and Anecdotes
Okay, so, one night, I think I got a little too friendly with that poolside bar. Anyway, let's just say I may have attempted a spontaneous karaoke session. The staff, bless their hearts, were incredibly understanding, and even joined in the fun (after a safe distance, of course). It made me feel that much more welcome.
The Verdict?
Look, this place is a splurge. But honestly? Worth it. It's a true escape. It’s sophisticated, luxurious, and manages to feel both incredibly glamorous and genuinely welcoming. I left feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and maybe a little bit tipsy.
The Offer (because you deserve it!)
Tired of the Ordinary? Experience Cape Town Dream!
Escape to the heart of De Waterkant and indulge in the ultimate Cape Town getaway at Cape Town Dream!
- Unwind in Style: Luxurious accommodations with breathtaking views, private terraces, and all the comforts you deserve.
- Pamper Yourself: Rejuvenate your senses with a massage, body scrub, or soak up the sun by the stunning infinity pool.
- Savor the Flavor: Dine on exquisite cuisine, sip handcrafted cocktails, and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Unforgettable Moments: From stunning sunsets to impromptu karaoke sessions (you know, if you're feeling bold!), create memories that will last a lifetime.
**
Escape to Paradise: O Sairaj Lodge, Your Pune Getaway Awaits!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is my Cape Town itinerary, and let me tell you, it's gonna be a glorious, messy, and probably slightly hungover adventure. We're starting in De Waterkant, that ridiculously charming, cobblestone-streeted, brightly-colored-house-filled neighborhood. Apartment 304, you better be ready for me.
Day 1: Arrival and Oh. My. God. (De Waterkant and First Impressions)
Morning (ish): Land at CTIA (Cape Town International Airport). Okay, let's be real, I'm probably gonna be a hot mess after that long flight from wherever-the-hell-I'm-coming-from. Praying the duty-free section had decent gin because I'm going to need it.
**Mid-Morning: **Uber to De Waterkant. Okay, this is where the real excitement starts. Supposedly. I mean, I've seen the pictures of the place and its beautiful, but pictures can lie. Fingers crossed the apartment is as gorgeous as advertised. If the pictures didn't lie, I'm immediately taking a gazillion Instagram photos of the apartment.
Lunch: I'm starving. Probably a quick bite at Cafe Frank to get my bearings and see if I can get my hands on a good cappuccino. If they have a really good pastry, consider it my lucky day.
Afternoon: Explore De Waterkant. Wander around looking at the eye-candy houses, cobblestone streets, and getting a feel for the area. Maybe stop at a cute shop or two. I have a feeling I'm going to want to buy EVERYTHING. The shops in these areas tend to have really nice things.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: This is where my travel plans begin to blur… Seriously, the jetlag is going to hit hard. I'm already picturing collapsing on the couch in the apartment and falling asleep. Instead, I'll force myself to go to a bar.
Evening: Dinner at Bocca (if I can make a reservation). Supposedly, their food is amazing. If not, well, I'll eat some takeout. Either way, I'm going to need a good meal and a hefty dose of wine to soothe the travel-worn soul.
Night: Sleep! After a glass of wine, I'm sure I'll be out cold.
Impression of De Waterkant:
- Oh. My. God. This place is even prettier in real life! The colorful houses! The tiny streets! The people! It is picture-perfect. This is going to be a fun, fun, fun trip.
- However, there is a problem. The apartment is perfect but a little too perfect. It's like a magazine spread, and I'm worried I'm going to feel like I can't touch anything. Am I going to have to wipe my feet every time I walk in the door?
- The biggest fear is I'm going to spend half the trip just staring at the apartment.
Day 2: Beach Vibes and Bo-Kaap Bliss
Morning: Beach time! Head to Camps Bay. Seriously, the photos of the beach were gorgeous. I'm determined to find my sunshine, even if it's slightly overcast. Maybe I'll learn how to surf. (I'm probably going to fail miserably.)
Mid-Morning: Breakfast at The Bungalow. It's a bit on the fancy side. This is either going to be a great experience or I'm going to be in way over my head. Hopefully, the food is good.
Lunch: Beach-side fish and chips at some random place, because that's the only thing you eat on the beach, right? I need something fried and salty.
Afternoon: Explore Bo-Kaap. This is where I'm likely to get lost because I have no sense of direction. Wander the colourful streets, take tons of pictures, and maybe buy some spices. The colourful houses are so Insta-worthy, and I'm not ashamed to admit I'm going to milk that for all it's worth.
Evening: Dinner at Gold Restaurant (Bo-Kaap). I've heard it's incredible, like, truly unforgettable. I have no idea what to expect, other than a tasting menu that will blow my mind. I'm already salivating just thinking about it.
Night: Attempt to find a cool bar in the city. I'm not sure which one I want to try. I'm likely to get lost on the way there and find a better bar.
Emotional Reactions:
- Pure joy and excitement. The first trip to the beach was a big win.
- I'm slightly stressed about being able to pick the things I actually enjoy.
- Overwhelmed – in a good way – by the beauty.
Day 3: Table Mountain and Wine-ing (And Maybe a Little Hiking)
Morning: Okay, here's the big one: Table Mountain. Praying for good weather. If the cable car is closed due to wind, I might actually weep. I am ready for the views.
Mid-Morning: Hike up Table Mountain. This is only if the cable car is closed. I'm definitely taking the easier route but praying I don't die of exhaustion.
Lunch: Picnic lunch with a view. I have the ideal picnic planned. Just need to decide where to get the food.
Afternoon: Wine tasting in the Constantia region. This is one of my must-do activities. I am definitely going to overdo the drinks. I'm already planning on getting a driver so I don't have to worry.
Evening: Dinner at a restaurant in Constantia. Hoping to find a nice, relaxed spot where I can continue savouring the wine.
Quirky Observations:
- Trying to be spontaneous. I love seeing new places and I have no idea where to begin. But that's okay.
- How many wine bottles before I need to take a nap? I'm looking forward to it, and I can't wait!
Day 4: Cape Point and Penguins (Maybe a Detour to Simons Town)
Morning: Drive the scenic route to Cape Point. This is going to take a while, so I'm packing snacks. Praying I don't get car/motion sick.
Mid-Morning: Hike around Cape Point.
Lunch: Eat a picnic lunch with a view. I'm hoping to find a cafe to have breakfast.
Afternoon: Head to Boulders Beach to see the penguins.
Late Afternoon: Visit Simons Town. Maybe get some ice cream. Enjoy the views.
Evening: Depending on how tired I am, dinner back in Cape Town or wherever I happen to be.
Opinionated Language:
- This drive should be INCREDIBLE.
- Penguins! I'm already melting. I can't fail at this.
- The picnic can't fail.
Day 5: Back to Reality? (Or Maybe Just Shopping)
Morning: Brunch at Dear Me. I've heard the atmosphere is amazing. I'm hoping it's amazing.
Mid-Morning: Shopping in the city. I need a souvenir.
Lunch: Something light.
Afternoon: Depending on how long I managed to shop, maybe a spa day.
Evening: Pack.
Stronger Emotional Reactions:
- I don't want to leave the apartment, or the city, or the country.
Day 6: Departure
- Morning: Last breakfast in De Waterkant.
- **Check out
- Trip to the airport.
Important Notes (AKA My Personal Chaos):
- Reservations: Make them, especially for dinner, and do it now. I'm notorious for last-minute planning.
- Weather: Be prepared for anything. Apparently, Cape Town's weather is fickle. Layers are key.
- Safety: Staying aware of my surroundings.
- Flexibility: This is a guide. Things will change. I'm probably going to get lost at least once. I might fall in love with a place and want to stay there for hours. That's okay. This is about embracing the chaos.
- Mood: Expect a roller coaster. There will be moments of pure bliss, moments of frustration, and probably a few moments where I question all my life choices. But that's part of the fun.
This itinerary isn't perfect, but it's mine. And if it leads to a few misadventures, a lot of laughter, and a whole lot of memories, then I'll consider it a resounding success. Now, where's the gin?
Luxury Bishkek Living: Harmony Apartments on Sydykova!