Unbelievable Makassar Stay! OYO 93683 Kost Naura: Your Hidden Gem Awaits!
Unbelievable Makassar? More Like… Unbelievable Adventure at OYO 93683 Kost Naura: My Honest (And Slightly Chaotic) Review
Okay, folks, let's be real for a second. Planning a trip can be a nightmare. You've got flight bookings, itinerary spreadsheets, and the endless scroll of hotel reviews that all sound suspiciously… generic. Well, consider me your weary traveler's guide through the marketing blitz. I just got back from Makassar, and I’m here to spill the tea (or, more accurately, the teh tarik I guzzled at Kost Naura) on OYO 93683 Kost Naura. And trust me, it's an experience, not just a stay.
First Impressions (and My Existential Dread About Finding the Place)
The "Hidden Gem" tagline? Spot on. Finding Kost Naura takes a bit of detective work. My GPS, bless its little circuits, tried to send me down a one-way street that looked suspiciously like someone’s back garden. Dramatic sigh. But hey, that's part of the adventure, right? (Or maybe just a sign that my sense of direction is abysmal.) The exterior? Simple, clean, and perfectly fine! It blends in a bit, which I secretly kind of liked. Like it was a secret, the best-kept place in town!
Accessibility: Navigating the Labyrinth (with varying degrees of success)
Okay, here's the deal. Accessibility: It's a mixed bag. There is an elevator, which is a godsend considering the Makassar heat. But honestly, navigating the hallways felt a little like a treasure hunt. Not always ideal if you're relying on accessibility features. But then again, I did manage, and I had a blast. All the way, which is saying something about the place in general.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized Reality (or at least, a valiant effort!)
Let's be honest, post-pandemic, we're all a bit obsessed with cleanliness. Kost Naura gets brownie points for this. They've got Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and enough Hand sanitizer stations to make a germophobe like me breathe a sigh of relief. They take their Hygiene certification seriously, which is a huge comfort. I even had the option to select the Room sanitization opt-out. Also note the Staff trained in safety protocol. This made me feel genuinely safe, more than I even thought I would!
The Room: My Tiny Makassar Fortress (with occasional AC hiccups)
Alright, let's talk rooms. Mine was a perfectly functional oasis. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver. The blackout curtains? Essential for sleeping off that delicious Asian breakfast. The Free Wi-Fi (available in all rooms!) was surprisingly strong, which meant I could binge-watch my guilty pleasure shows, even though there were On-demand movies. But there was one minor thing: On one occasion the AC went out in the middle of the night. Ugh. But hey, it's part of the game, right? Also, it's important to mention that there was Complimentary tea, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Slippers, and all the basic necessities, which were great.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Kopi Susu to… Well, More Kopi Susu (and Some Deliciousness!)
Okay, the food. This is where Kost Naura really shines. The Asian breakfast was phenomenal. I'm talking steaming bowls of noodles, fluffy rice, and the best Kopi Susu ever. I'm not kidding. I was genuinely considering smuggling a whole pot home. They offer Breakfast [takeaway service]. Breakfast [buffet] is available. If there's one thing I'm glad I did, it was getting up for breakfast, because as mentioned the Asian cuisine in restaurant is really good!
There's also a Coffee shop, which, again, fueled my caffeine addiction. But the real surprise? The Poolside bar. You know, for a little chill session. I can’t say the same about the Snackbar, which was there, but I didn’t manage to check it out.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa? Gym? (Or Just Napping?)
Look, I’m not a spa person. I'm more of a "swim in the pool, then nap" kind of traveler. But Kost Naura has a Spa (not sure what's in it!). They've got a Swimming pool [outdoor] with a Pool with a view, which was a godsend. And a Gym/fitness for anyone who actually wants to exercise on vacation (you weirdos). They’ve also got a Sauna, Spa/sauna, and Steamroom. But again, I'm pretty sure I spent most of my time by the pool, catching those rays.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference
Okay, this hotel REALLY went above and beyond on services. They have a 24-hour front desk and a Doorman. They offer Concierge service, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, and Ironing service. I mean, seriously, anything you could possibly need! I didn't use all of them, but the fact that they were there was comforting. They even had a Convenience store, which was a lifesaver when I ran out of my travel snacks (I am addicted to peanut butter, the kind that you can buy in tubes!)
A Quick Word on the Staff: Genuine Smiles and Helpful Hands
I truly believe friendly staff can make or break a trip, and the staff at Kost Naura were top-notch. They spoke great English and always had big, welcoming smiles. I asked them for recommendations on where to find the best street food, and they didn’t steer me wrong.
For the Kids: Not Just Kid-Friendly, Absolutely Family-Friendly
They have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and Kids meal, which are great. If I had to bring my child(ren) with me, this is the exact hotel I would visit.
Getting Around: Airport Transfer and More
They offered Airport transfer and Taxi service, which was great. There's also Car park [free of charge], Bicycle parking, Car park [on-site], and Valet parking. They tried to make the stay as easy as possible.
The Bottom Line: Is Kost Naura a Hidden Gem? Absolutely. But it's a "Hidden Gem" with a little bit of charming chaos, and I loved it.
#
My Unbelievable OYO 93683 Kost Naura Special Offer:
Book your stay now and get:
- 15% off your room rate! (Because you deserve a little extra savings for your Makassar adventure.)
- Free daily Breakfast Buffet!
- A complimentary welcome drink (Seriously, what's not to love?)
- Free access to their Swimming Pool and Gym
How to Book:
- Go to OYO's official website.
- Use the code "MAKASSARADVENTURE" when booking.
Don't delay! This offer is for a limited time only. Book now and get ready for your own Unbelievable Makassar adventure at OYO 93683 Kost Naura!
Warrington WOW! 1-BR Elegance & Comfort Awaits!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary ain't gonna be pretty. We're going to OYO 93683 Kost Naura in Makassar, Indonesia. Prepare yourselves for chaos, questionable street food, and probably a sunburn or two. Here's the loose-as-a-goose plan, with absolutely NO guarantees of sticking to it.
Welcome to Makassar: An Itinerary (Maybe?)
Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic
- 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up in Jakarta, still not entirely sure WHY I thought a trip to Makassar was a good idea. (Jet lag is a cruel mistress). Struggle to find my passport – it's always the last thing I pack. The flight to Makassar, and the tiny Indonesian airline is…well, let's just say it had personality. The air conditioning was cranked to arctic levels. I befriended a nervous-looking cat on the plane.
- 10:00 AM (ish): Arrive at Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (UPG). The humidity hits you like a warm, wet blanket. Grab a taxi (negotiating the price feels like a blood sport, but I think I did okay). The taxi seems to think speed limits are 'suggestions.'
- 11:00 AM (ish): Check into OYO 93683 Kost Naura. Honestly, the reviews were… variable. "Clean and simple" vs. "a bit…rustic." Cross my fingers. The room is… well, it’s a room. It has a bed. And a mosquito.
- 12:00 PM (ish): Lunch, or the Search for Food. This is where things get tricky. I've heard Makassar is famous for its Coto Makassar. I'm determined to find some. Walk out the OYO and ask a local, who is very friendly and wants to practice his English. He tells me to walk down that road, turn left at the second… uh… what did he call it? Apparently I'm supposed to spot a warung that looks like a "very friendly looking place." Awesome.
- 1:00 PM (ish): Warung Hunt Continues. Wander around the area. The smells are incredible – spices, frying things, a hint of…exhaust fumes. I see several "friendly looking places" but I'm too chicken to go in. Finally stumble upon a tiny spot, with a bunch of locals slurping something delicious. Summon all my courage, enter, and make vague hand gestures at the cook.
- 1:30 PM (ish): Coto Makassar Encounter. The soup is amazing! Rich, savory, a little spicy. I slurp with abandon. Notice that everyone's staring at me. Realize, I'm the only foreigner. They are smiling. I think.
- 3:00 PM (ish): Nap. Mandatory. The humidity is exhausting, and so is trying to appear competent in a foreign land. The mosquito from earlier is still around, but I'm too tired to care anymore.
- 6:00 PM (ish): Sunset Stroll (Attempted). Aiming for Losari Beach to watch the sunset. Get hopelessly lost. Ask for directions involving a "big tree" and the "smiling fish market". End up at a dusty side street. Buy some bizarre fried snacks. The sunset is amazing, even from here. Consider this a win.
- 7:30 PM (ish): Dinner Roulette. Back to the street stalls, because I'm too lazy to find a real restaurant. Chicken curry? Seems risky. But I'm hungry, so I take the plunge. It's probably the best curry I've ever had (or maybe I'm just starving).
- 9:00 PM (ish): Collapsed on the bed, covered in mosquito bites, slightly sunburnt, and utterly content. Makassar, you weird, wonderful place.
Day 2: Markets, Maybe a Boat Trip, and the Dreaded Laundry
- 8:00 AM (maybe): Wake up. (Maybe. Who knows?) Realize I forgot to pack my deodorant. Panic. Contemplate wearing the same shirt for the next three days.
- 9:00 AM (maybe): The Pasar Sentral (Market) Adventure. The goal: find deodorant. The reality: sensory overload. The smells! The colors! The sheer volume of stuff! Bargaining is even more intense here, and I feel like I'm failing miserably. Eventually, I stumble upon a tiny shop with…success! I find deodorant, and some weird, spicy sausages. Why not?
- 11:00 AM:(ish): Boat Trip Attempt. I've heard about the islands just outside Makassar are gorgeous. I head in the direction of the port. It’s hot. It's crowded. I'm getting overwhelmed. I run into a very persistent boat tout. The price seems high, and I'm exhausted, so I negotiate, then immediately regret it.
- 12:00 PM: Boat Trip Debacle. My boat is late, and the engine noises remind me of that plane. One hour later and we finally set off, and then it promptly breaks down in the sea. We drift for a while before the crew manages to fix it. The islands are beautiful, but I’m questioning life choices.
- 4:00 PM (ish): Back in the hostel, slightly green from the boat trip. Decide that laundry is even more terrifying than aggressive boat vendors. But my clothes are looking… questionable.
- 5:00 PM (ish): Laundry Apocalypse. Find a laundry place. They say "one day." I hand over my clothes and immediately start regretting it. Will I ever see my favorite shirt again?
- 6:00 PM (ish): Dinner and Soul Searching. Back to the street food. Stumble upon a stall selling Pisang Epe which is grilled banana with toppings. Try the one with chocolate and cheese. Mind officially blown. Contemplate staying in Makassar forever.
- 8:00 PM (ish): Journal, watch the mosquito, and realize I love this messy, unpredictable adventure.
Day 3: Back to the Real World (Maybe? Probably.)
- 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up. Check out of the OYO. Leave things a little less pristine than when I arrived. Sorry not sorry. The mosquito is still there…
- 8:00 AM (ish): Final Breakfast. One last plate of Coto Makassar. Stare wistfully at the bowl, knowing I'll be craving it for months.
- 9:00 AM (ish): Souvenir Hunt. Find some Batik. Overpay. Regret it. Accept it.
- 10:00 AM (ish): Airport Run. Get to the airport, barely on time.
- 11:00 AM (ish): The plane. Goodbyes.
- 1:00 PM (ish): Land, and immediately want to go back.
Important Notes (Read These, or Don't, I Don't Care):
- Pace yourself. It's hot. It's humid. Take breaks. Drink water. Maybe, just maybe, don't try to do everything.
- Embrace the Chaos. Things will go wrong. You will get lost. You will eat something that might make you regret it. That's part of the adventure. Don't be afraid of getting lost. You may discover some lovely locals.
- Learn some basic Indonesian phrases. "Terima kasih" (thank you) will get you far.
- Be respectful of local customs. Dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites.
- Have fun. Seriously, what's the point if you don't?
This isn't a guide. It's a suggestion. Do whatever you like. Or don't. I'm just here to tell you that Makassar is a place that will stay with you long after you leave. Messy, imperfect, and absolutely unforgettable. Good luck, you brave soul. You'll need it.
AC Hotel Minneapolis West End: Your Dream Minneapolis Getaway Awaits!Okay, so... "Hidden Gem"? Is it *really*? And what even *is* Kost Naura, anyway?
"Hidden Gem" is a bold claim, isn't it? And, honestly? *Mostly* true. It's tucked away – you'll need Google Maps. My first time, I was sure I'd taken a wrong turn and was about to end up in someone's backyard. *That* would have been awkward. Kost Naura is essentially a budget-friendly guesthouse, or maybe a slightly fancier hostel? Let's call it a "kost" because, you know, Makassar. It's a collection of rooms – some seriously basic, some… slightly less so. Think clean(ish) sheets, a working (hopefully) AC unit, and enough space to not feel *entirely* claustrophobic. It's definitely aimed at budget travelers, backpackers, or anyone who values saving pengeluaran (money) over, say, a lifetime supply of fluffy towels.
The location – good, bad, or "meh"? Because Google Maps can lie…
Okay, the location is... *interesting*. It's not slap-bang in the heart of the action, like, say, Losari Beach. You won't step outside and be immediately bombarded with street food vendors. The biggest downside? It’s not super walkable to *everything*. However, it’s a short (and cheap!) Grab/Gojek ride away from most things. You can usually get a ride to the beach or the Fort Rotterdam area for like, a handful of rupiah. Plus, it has this weird charm of being slightly off the beaten path. It’s quiet. You're not constantly dodging scooters. The local warung (small restaurant) across the street is *gold* though. Trust me on this. The mie goreng there? *Chef's kiss*.
What about the rooms? Are they… clean? I've heard horror stories.
Okay, let's address the elephant in the room: cleanliness. Look, this isn't The Raffles. It's not *spotless*. But… they try. My room was definitely cleaner than, say, the public transport bathrooms I'd been using to get there, so that was a win. The sheets were clean(ish), and the bathroom...well, let's just say the water pressure was questionable, and the drain seemed to have a personal vendetta against me. I did see a tiny cockroach. It was a very small one, but it *was* there. You might want to pack some of those travel-sized antibacterial wipes. But honestly? For the price, I wasn't *expecting* pristine perfection. It's a gamble, but a calculated one.
The AC! Is it a lifesaver, or a noisy, sweaty torture device? Because Makassar is HOT.
Oh, the AC. This is CRUCIAL. Makassar is a sauna, a furnace, a… well, you get the idea. The AC is, generally speaking, a lifesaver. My first night, I cranked it up so high, I’m pretty sure it registered on the Richter scale. It worked. It kept the room cool. Did it sound like a jet engine? Sometimes, yes. Did it occasionally drip water like a leaky faucet? Also, yes. But would I sacrifice my sanity, sweat, and sleep for it? Absolutely not. Seriously, the AC is key. Just bring earplugs (you'll need them for the rooster next door anyways).
Speaking of the roosters, noise levels? Is it a peaceful sanctuary or a cacophony of Indonesian wildlife?
Oh, the roosters. God, the ROOSTERS. Let me tell you a story. I arrived at Kost Naura after a long, sweaty bus ride from Toraja. I was exhausted, desperate for sleep. I got in my room, closed the door, and thought, "Bliss." And then… BAAAWK! BAAAWK! BAAAWK! It started before dawn. It was a full-blown rooster symphony. And it went on ALL DAY. They were everywhere in Makassar. I swear, those chickens were taunting me. I considered buying earplugs, I considered burning the building down (just kidding...mostly) But, let's be honest, that's part of the experience. You're in Indonesia, folks. Embrace the chaos. Just...bring earplugs.
Is there Wi-Fi? Because Instagram needs to be updated!
Yes, there's Wi-Fi. It's… patchy. Sometimes it's blazing fast, perfect for streaming all your favorite K-dramas. Other times, it's slower than a snail carrying a watermelon uphill. Don't rely on it for anything critical. If you *need* to be online, buy a local SIM card with data. You'll probably thank me later.
The staff - helpful, friendly, or invisible?
The staff were genuinely lovely. Not intrusive, but friendly enough. They didn’t speak a ton of English, but with a little bit of broken Indonesian and some frantic pointing, we managed. They were helpful, always willing to try to fix stuff, and always offering a smile. They truly made my stay much better as they were warm and kind. They felt like the unsung heroes of the place.
Final Thoughts: Would you recommend it? REALLY?
Okay, the big question. Would *I* recommend OYO 93683 Kost Naura? Here's the truth: It depends. If you're a luxury traveler, used to fancy hotels and impeccable service, absolutely *not*. Run far, far away. But if you're a budget traveler, a backpacker, someone who prioritizes experience over absolute perfection, and someone who doesn't mind a bit of… "character"... then, yeah, I would. Honestly, I think I'd go back. The location is decent. The staff is amazing. And the mie goreng across the street? Worth the trip alone. Just bring earplugs, some antibacterial wipes, and a sense of adventure. And maybe a prayer to the AC gods. You’ll be fine. Probably. Maybe. Go for it. The hidden gem is more than meets the eye.