Unbelievable Habaraduwa House: Your Dream Unawatuna, Sri Lanka Escape Awaits!

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Unbelievable Habaraduwa House: Your Dream Unawatuna, Sri Lanka Escape Awaits!

Unbelievable Habaraduwa House: My Unawatuna Dream… Or Did I Just Wake Up? (A Brutally Honest Review!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups! I just got back from Unbelievable Habaraduwa House (that name… seriously?!) and you know what? It was pretty unbelievable. But, like, in all the ways. Let's cut the fluff and get real, shall we? This isn’t your typical robotic hotel review. This is the raw, unfiltered truth.

First Impressions (and My Immediate Panic Attack):

Getting there was… an adventure. (Airport transfer, check! They handled that part seamlessly, thankfully, because after a 20-hour flight, my brain was basically scrambled eggs.) The exterior? Gorgeous. Like, postcard-worthy gorgeous. The vibrant colours, the lush greenery… all the good stuff. But inside? Well, let’s just say my inner neat freak almost had a conniption. The "Unbelievable" part started to feel ironic. I'm not gonna lie, the entrance hall felt a tiny bit dated, like a well-loved grandma's house. Not in a bad way, just… lived in. (And probably a little dusty, I'm not gonna lie. Sorry, Unbelievable.)

The Room: My Personal Oasis (Mostly):

Okay, the room. We’re talking massive. A king-sized bed that you could get lost in. (Extra long, they mentioned! Bless!) The air conditioning? A lifesaver. Sri Lankan humidity is no joke. Blackout curtains? YES! Slept like a freaking baby. They had all the usual suspects – safe box (essential), mini-bar (pricey!), and a surprisingly effective hairdryer (I, for one, am very grateful). Oh, and free Wi-Fi! Absolute bliss! (Internet [LAN] still available, too, in case you're a dinosaur like me.) There's an additional toilet which is a lifesaver after a long day.

Now, the bathroom. The private bathroom was… functional. Separate shower/bathtub! Score! Toiletries? Meh, the generic kind. But hey, I brought my own fancy stuff. The window that opens - a huge plus! Letting the sea breeze in during the day, pure magic.

Accessibility (Because the World Needs More Kindness):

I didn't personally need it, but the fact that they provide Facilities for disabled guests is a big win in my book. Respect!

Food, Glorious, Complicated Food:

Breakfast. The dreaded question. They called it an Asian breakfast, with Western options as well. There was the usual buffet, coffee/tea in restaurant, but it wasn't exactly a Michelin star experience. The buffet was a bit manic, to be honest. A bit of a scrum. The food was… fine. Nothing to write home about. The juices were pretty good, though! (Asian cuisine in restaurant) I also saw a vegetarian restaurant, and the breakfast takeaway service seemed convenient.

The Poolside bar was fantastic! Drinks were cold, the staff were friendly. Happy hour? Yes, please! Pool with view - a real treat. They also have restaurants, with A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant. Soup in restaurant, and Salad in restaurant options.

However, the Room service [24-hour]? Saved my life on multiple occasions after a hard day of sunbathing. Ordering food and getting it delivered without making any effort to put on proper clothing? Priceless.

Things to Do (and My Unsuccessful Attempts to Relax):

Spa/sauna! Yes, please! They had every Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, and Steamroom that you could desire. I only tried the massage, and it was… okay. I’ve had better, I’ve had worse.

The Fitness center,? Well, let's just say I looked, but I didn't conquer. The commitment was just too much for me, the sweat.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, Reality):

Okay, this is important. The staff was wearing masks, the common areas were clearly Daily disinfection in common areas, and there was Hand sanitizer everywhere. They take Hygiene certification seriously. Seeing the Anti-viral cleaning products gave me a tiny bit of peace of mind. Staff trained in safety protocol. Sterilizing equipment, Rooms sanitized between stays. But…and this is a big but… I did not see any Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup,. I’ve got a bad feeling, they should have done a few things better. But hey, it's the way it is, so you have to be more careful.

The Extras (Because Everyone Loves Perks):

The Concierge was helpful, but a little… clueless at times. The Daily housekeeping was impeccable. Laundry service? A lifesaver! Currency exchange on-site – super convenient.

Stuff I Didn't Use (but You Might):

Lots of stuff here! Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.

For the Kids (Bless Their Little Cotton Socks):

They have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

Getting Around (More Adventures!):

Airport transfer: Easy peasy. Car park [free of charge]: Bonus! Taxi service: readily available.

The Verdict (My Gut Feeling):

Unbelievable Habaraduwa House is… a mixed bag. It's got potential! The location is amazing, the rooms are comfortable, and some of the amenities are fantastic. The staff are generally lovely, even if things don't always run like clockwork.

Now, for the sales pitch…

Tired of the Same Old, Same Old? Crave Paradise with a Sprinkle of Real Life?

Unbelievable Habaraduwa House is calling your name! Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotels. We're talking authentic Sri Lankan charm meets modern comfort. Imagine waking up to the gentle lapping of waves, a delicious (and sometimes chaotic!) breakfast, and days filled with exploring the stunning Unawatuna coastline.

Here’s what’s UNBELIEVABLY good:

  • Prime Location: Steps from Unawatuna Beach, the best in Sri Lanka
  • Spacious Rooms: Huge beds! Air conditioning heaven!
  • Stunning Views: Pool with a view? Yes, my friend!
  • Poolside Bliss: Cold drinks, good vibes, and the perfect tan
  • Convenient Amenities: Everything you need is right at your fingertips.
  • Awesome price!

But, Be Warned:

This isn’t a perfectly polished experience. There are quirks. There's a slightly dated charm. But that's what makes it memorable! It’s also an experience that is worth the money, and this hotel will give you everything you need: a dream Unawatuna experience. Book your dream escape now! (Before I book it again!).

Click here to book your stay at Unbelievable Habaraduwa House and discover your own slice of paradise!

(P.S. If you can't find your stuff after a while, try checking your room again, it's been a long trip and you deserve the best experience yet).

Palembang's Hidden Gem: Alam Lestari RedPartner Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Book Now

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This Habaraduwa House Unawatuna itinerary is less a meticulously planned trip and more a drunken stumble through paradise, documented by yours truly, a human prone to excessive sweating and questionable decisions. Prepare for the chaos.

Day 1: Arrival – Ginger Beer, Jet Lag, and Existential Dread

  • Morning (ish): Land at Sri Lanka's airport. The air hits you like a warm wet blanket. Immediately ditch all pretense of looking chic. I'm talking full-on "sweaty tourist chic" – linen, maybe a straw hat, and the desperate hope your deodorant holds up. Taxi ride to Habaraduwa House. The roads? A glorious, honking, chaotic ballet. Drivers here… they have a relationship with their horns.
  • Afternoon: Arrive at the house. Holy. Moly. It's even more beautiful than the photos. You know, the kind of beautiful that makes you immediately question your life choices and whether you're worthy of this… well, luxury. The staff? Angels disguised as humans. They offer a ginger beer – the perfect antidote to jet lag and that creeping existential dread.
  • Late Afternoon (and rapidly descending into evening): Spend an hour just wandering around the property like a mildly bewildered gazelle. The pool? Tempting. The beach? Irresistible. The problem? My brain is mush. I’m pretty sure I tried to feed a mosquito a biscuit. Later, I napped in the hammock for approximately seventeen minutes before being attacked by a particularly aggressive sunbeam.
  • Evening: Dinner at the house. This is where the real magic happens. Forget Michelin stars; this is soul food prepared with love. The curry… oh, the curry. I think I may have accidentally consumed my weight in rice. And the dessert? A symphony of coconut and happiness. By the end of it, I was almost convinced I could speak fluent Sinhala. (Spoiler alert: I can't. My vocabulary extends to "thank you" and "more rice.")

Day 2: Galle Fort – History, Hangovers, and a Mild Panic

  • Morning: Wake up. Oh, the beauty! Wait… is that a throbbing headache? Damn ginger beer. Breakfast is a blur of fresh fruit and desperate attempts to remember where I left my sunscreen.
  • Late Morning: Tuk-tuk ride to Galle Fort. Okay, this is where the real fun began. The Fort itself is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and it's STUNNING. The architecture is just mind-blowing. We wander around, me mainly trying to stay out of the sun and the humidity. We were lucky enough to find a guide that gave us a great tour. We learned about how the Dutch and Portuguese empires made the fort and how the tsunami of 2004 affected the fort.
  • Afternoon: Lunch at a cute little cafe. I ordered a coffee. Coffee, as I know it now, is very different from coffee in Sri Lanka. It was thick, bold, with a whole lot of strong coffee. I am not sure I enjoyed it to be honest. We spent an hour or two walking around taking more pictures.
  • Evening: Back to Habaraduwa House. We spent time by the pool and the beach. Dinner was a feast of delicious food and conversation. We went to bed early and hoped for a great day next.

Day 3: The Beach, Turtles, and a Moment of Zen…ish

  • Morning: Spent time at Unawatuna beach. The sand is soft as powdered sugar, the water is turquoise… and the sun is relentless. I slathered on the SPF, but I'm still pretty sure I'm going to resemble a boiled lobster by the end of the week.
  • Afternoon: Snorkeling! Finding a place to go snorkeling in Unawatuna is easy. The water is relatively calm and clear and the visibility is great. I spent a couple of hours snorkeling and I swear I saw a turtle! The sea was an amazing world of fish and coral under the surface.
  • Late Afternoon (and descending into an existential crisis): Watching the sunset and enjoying the last few hours of the day. You know when people talk about finding 'inner peace'? Probably this.
  • Evening: Dinner. I had a conversation with the chef about the intricacies of Sri Lankan spices. I tried to replicate it back at the hotel room… unsuccessfully. More curry!

Day 4: Mirissa, Whales, and a near-disaster (Maybe)

  • Early Morning: The alarm clock! 5:00AM! We were planning on going on a whale watching tour in Mirissa. It was super early, and I may have not fully woken up. The car journey was an hour or so. We were excited.
  • Late Morning: The sea was rough and the whale watching tour was not for me. I was seasick, and felt awful. We saw a whale, but it was not worth the price.
  • Afternoon: After the sea adventure, we went to the restaurant. I spent some time relaxing and trying to enjoy the day.
  • Evening: Back at the hotel, we had a great dinner.

Day 5: Departure – Tears, Regret, and a Vow to Return (Eventually)

  • Morning: The dreaded packing. Saying goodbye to Habaraduwa House. I'm actually tearing up a little. This place… it's stolen a piece of my heart.
  • Afternoon: Goodbye, Sri Lanka. As my plane climbs into the sky, I'm already plotting my return. Next time, I'm bringing more sunscreen, less anxiety, and definitely learning more Sinhala. And maybe, just maybe, I'll finally master the art of not sweating so profusely. Until next time, Habaraduwa House. You were a messy, glorious, unforgettable dream.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect. There were moments of silliness, awkwardness, and a near-constant state of mild sunstroke. But it was real. It was human. And it was, without a doubt, the best kind of travel. Sri Lanka, you've got me. And I'll be back for more. Let the chaos continue!

Escape to Paradise: Lansel Villa Bali - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Book Now

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Unbelievable Habaraduwa House: Your Unawatuna Fantasy (and the Reality!)

Okay, spill the tea! Is this place *actually* "unbelievable"? Sounds a bit…over-the-top, no?

Alright, let's get real. "Unbelievable" is marketing, right? But...yes, I'm gonna say it. Habaraduwa House *is* pretty darn close. Look, I’m usually cynical, I’ve seen my share of Instagram vs. Reality fails. But this place? Wow. The photos don't lie *entirely*. It's stunning. The infinity pool looks even *better* in person, shimmering like a liquid emerald. The architecture? Breath-taking. But! And this is a BIG but...it's also not perfect. More on that later. It’s like, imagine your dream tropical house but...with a few charming quirks, like a slightly grumpy gecko who's named Kevin and seems to only come out when you're about to take a sunset selfie. (He totally photobombed me.)

The Pool...is it as good as it looks? Because, let's be honest, pools are a deal-breaker.

Oh. My. God. The pool. I spent approximately 70% of my waking hours *in* that pool. It's an infinity pool, yeah, everyone's got one these days. But this one? It's… different. It overlooks the lush greenery, you feel like you're swimming in the clouds. The water is the perfect temperature. And… and… remember Kevin the gecko? He was *always* watching me from the edge. Like he was judging my backstroke. One minor issue: the occasional leaf. Seriously, nature, a little less enthusiasm would be appreciated. But, seriously, pool perfection. Bring some inflatable toys. You won’t regret it.

The food! They must have good chefs, right? Tell me about the meals!

Okay, prepare yourself. The food is...a mixed bag, but mostly delicious. They have a cook, not necessarily a Michelin-star chef, so manage expectations. The breakfasts were brilliant - fresh fruit, string hoppers, the works. The dinners were the real showstoppers. Fresh seafood grilled to perfection. One night we had this incredible curry – I’m talking, seriously, the best curry I’ve *ever* had. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The *downside* – they asked us about dietary restrictions like, *after* the meal. They are *definitely* still learning the Western ways. And one lunch? Lets just say the presentation was… rustic. But honestly? It was still tasty. A little messy, but hey, isn't that part of the charm?

What about the rooms? Are they luxurious? Clean? Do they have air conditioning that *actually* works?

The rooms… are fabulous. High ceilings, gorgeous four-poster beds, mosquito nets that are *actually* effective (essential!). Air conditioning? Yes. And thankfully, it works. Thank god. It's humid in Sri Lanka, folks. The bathrooms were beautiful, with outdoor showers. Seriously, showering under the stars? Magical. Cleanliness? Pretty good. There was one tiny incident… a wandering ant. But honestly? It's the tropics! Things happen. Plus, the overall vibe of the rooms is so… zen. You feel instantly relaxed. Just don't expect clinical perfection. That ant, though... I swear it was judging my life choices.

Is it kid-friendly? I have a small creature that resembles a human.

Hmm. Kid-friendly… that's a tough one. The pool is deep in places, and there aren't any specific child-proofing measures. Depends on your child. For calm kids, absolutely. For adventurous, constantly-running-off maniacs? Maybe not. The staff are wonderful and super friendly, which helps. They adore kids. They provided us with a high chair at every meal! However, the overall atmosphere is more geared towards relaxation and quiet. Would I take a toddler there? Probably not. A well-behaved older child? Potentially. I'd say to ask the staff first, they are helpful and upfront. That's the best approach!!

Location, location, location! How close is it to the beach? Any good restaurants nearby?

The location is great! It's a short tuk-tuk ride (a fun experience in itself) to Unawatuna Beach. Easy peasy! Unawatuna is a bustling little beach town with some decent restaurants. Expect a bit of a tourist vibe, but hey, that's what you sign up for. Some restaurants are incredible, though. I suggest asking the staff, honestly, they will always recommend quality restaurants. We went to The Crab Shack one night - amazing seafood. Plus, the tuk-tuk drivers are very friendly, but be prepared to haggle on the price. It’s part of the fun, I suppose.

Okay, the staff. How's the service? Are they helpful? Attentive? Annoying?

The staff are absolutely lovely. Seriously, some of the kindest people I've ever met. They're attentive without being intrusive, always smiling, always willing to help. One morning, I couldn't find my sunglasses and they literally turned the entire house. They would also know the local markets and local routes. I'd say the service isn't 5-star polished, but it is warm, genuine, and heartfelt. They try their absolute best. And that, to me, is far more important. They feel like part of the family. One tip: learn a few basic Sinhala phrases – it goes a long, long way. You’ll feel super cool and make them smile.

Do you have to plan activities or is it all relaxation and chill?

It's *designed* for relaxation and chill. But that doesn't mean you *have* to. They can arrange tours, transport, anything you want. We went snorkeling, which was amazing. The staff can recommend things to do in the area. They had a really good relationship with a local driver. We actually spent most of our time lounging by the pool, reading, and eating. Okay, admittedly, mostly eating. But the option is there. They also arranged massages at the house, which was pure bliss. So, whatever your speed, they can meet it. Just don't be afraid to ask!

What was the *worst* thing about the house? Be honest! Spit it out!

Hotel Blog Guru

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka

Habaraduwa House Unawatuna Sri Lanka